Detailed Photo Review of Celebrity Eclipse 14 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise 3/4/18

After that, we made the 45-minute journey back to the cruise port.

40994212432_c742fbe910_c.jpg

40994211212_7346421b29_c.jpg

We docked back in front of the Exotic Antigua Boutique at 2:45pm. Overall, I enjoyed the tour and thought the guides did a great job. Antigua is a beautiful island, especially as seen from the water, but I would definitely recommend doing some research and picking a tour in advance. The locals at the port are incredibly pushy and I would not recommend trying to book a tour right there when you arrive, nor would I recommend spending too much time walking around the port area. Our itinerary had many islands that are better for shopping where you don’t have to deal with the pushy locals. Sorry Antigua, but you were not my favorite island of this cruise.

I am really enjoying your review! We were on a 7 night Summit cruise and Antigua was one of our ports. I remember the very pushy locals too. We made our way to the taxis and ended up sharing a taxi with some other people and went to Valley Church Beach. We had a super relaxing day under an umbrella looking at powder blue water. Just thought I'd mention it for others who just want a beach day. As long as you can make your way past the vendors you will have a beautiful day!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/24/2018 at 10:34 AM, deladane said:

.... I found these funky pink sponges that completely covered the wall of rocks and continued several feet down below the surface of the water. It was so neat and something I have never seen before! Honestly, I think that is one of the things that gets me the most excited about snorkeling… the possibility of seeing something new that I’ve never seen before. I experienced a lot of firsts when we visited French Polynesia (who ever thought I would get to swim with sharks and octopus?!), so I wasn’t sure if I would discover new things on this trip to the Caribbean. So far, I’ve been doing pretty well, between getting to hold a conch shell for the first time yesterday, and seeing this crazy pink wall today!

I did my best to capture this in a photo, but it was reallllly challenging. The sun kept sneaking behind the clouds, which meant the colors weren’t as bright as they could have been. On top of that, the current was very strong and it was such a windy day that it was hard to hold still to capture a decent photo. I honestly don’t think these photos do it any justice, but I tried…

40997277272_1cd133f34a_c.jpg

40330589464_cc42f9121f_c.jpg

40330588974_e366501d20_c.jpg

40997275852_c9f3204399_c.jpg

I think this photo probably shows it best… some of the little round pink balls opened up to reveal bright yellow tentacles popping out! I was so mesmerized by this that I could have stayed out here all afternoon… that is, if I wasn’t constantly being pushed toward the rocks from the current!

40793286564_c0d0b9f14f_c.jpg

Hi Dana - I thought I'd follow up on this part of your St. Lucia tour since we just returned from there.  I was able to get some close ups and was then able to search images online for a match.

My image:

PA210643.thumb.JPG.1baa9edef37a84702761983e5ae2899e.JPG

They are Orange Cup Coral

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_cup_coral

How cool is that!  We have a name!

Another site with pictures:  https://www.google.com/search?q=Tubastraea&sxsrf=ACYBGNQKhn9BatgXCVE-O8mccP9c6uC7pg:1572996068221&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=btEm4_1fkZgl9M%3A%2CRsSg4PHv4sP0CM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kTc0MyAWh1tSthTgsYmwMYkxGpxLg&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjWl4T_mtTlAhU4VBUIHfQWDrAQ_h0wDXoECAsQBw#imgrc=btEm4_1fkZgl9M:&vet=1

Hopefully the links hold.  Thanks for getting me interested in those pink "things".

1 hour ago, pd7277 said:

Hi Dana - I thought I'd follow up on this part of your St. Lucia tour since we just returned from there.  I was able to get some close ups and was then able to search images online for a match.

My image:

PA210643.thumb.JPG.1baa9edef37a84702761983e5ae2899e.JPG

They are Orange Cup Coral

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_cup_coral

How cool is that!  We have a name!

Another site with pictures:  https://www.google.com/search?q=Tubastraea&sxsrf=ACYBGNQKhn9BatgXCVE-O8mccP9c6uC7pg:1572996068221&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=btEm4_1fkZgl9M%3A%2CRsSg4PHv4sP0CM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kTc0MyAWh1tSthTgsYmwMYkxGpxLg&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjWl4T_mtTlAhU4VBUIHfQWDrAQ_h0wDXoECAsQBw#imgrc=btEm4_1fkZgl9M:&vet=1

Hopefully the links hold.  Thanks for getting me interested in those pink "things".

Oh wow!  Thanks Peggy!  Great job finding out their name!!  You got a wonderful photo of them too.  Hope you had a great trip 🙂