Cruise Critic Community
LSKC

Classic vs Premium beverage package

Our cruise will come with free perk of classic package. Was quite happy about this! I am a tutti-frutti colourful fun drinks kind of girl. I'm wondering if I'm going to be happy with Classic or want to upgrade to premium?

Tell me your favourite fun drinks included in the Classic?

What is the price limit for Classic?

Does anyone have photo menu or menu descriptions of bar drinks (mostly for pool and after supper consumption - I'll have wine with my supper)?

If I decide to upgrade to Premium, does my husband need to also or can he stick with the 'free' Classic? He is a beer guy for the most part.

And I'm sure this has been asked by other Canadians but... do they make/offer Bloody Caesars on Equinox? Also love Amaretto Sours.

Thanks!

I'm a fruity tutti drinker, too. Sometimes, I order my drinks by the color - 'ooh what was that blue drink? I'll have one of those.' The Classic Alcohol package covered most of the drinks I wanted to try. You may get any drink under $9, including canned soda, most specialty coffees in Cafe al Bacio. If you want to try a premium drink, you just pay the difference. I upgraded to Premium for my last cruise and didn't think it was worth it for me. The classic brands are decent. If I was a shot, beer or wine drinker, I would probably want Premium.

You may try your package for a few days and if it doesn't suit you, upgrade to Premium, if you wish. Your husband will not be required to upgrade.

Bloody Caesars????? Of course they do. They want to keep the Canadians happy :) Amaretto sours? Yes. Martinis in the martini bar aren't included, but you can get martinis elsewhere on the ship.

My favorite drinks are mojitos, hurricanes, caipirinha, margaritas and I like to treat myself to a mudslide and pina colada at least once during the cruise.

If you're going to be on the Equinox, you'll want to take advantage of the Slushie bar by the pool if you like fruity drinks! They are amazing!! And those will be covered by the premium package, so you may want to upgrade, but your DH won't need to.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can also just pay the difference between $9 and whatever drink you want over that. Most of the "normal" stuff is covered. It's nearly $12 a day to upgrade so you can pay to upgrade quite a few drinks before hitting $12. Unless you are a wine snob or particular about your vodak/whiskey/tequilla the class will be fine.

We just came off Silhouette and had the classic package. It covered almost all we wanted and if it didn't we just paid the difference. Also, there was always a cocktail (fufu drink) of the day that always came in under the $9 mark. IMHO, unless you drink like a fish or only top shelf the classic will likely serve.

Does Celebrity reflection sell coffee cards ?

No. Speciality coffees are covered by the beverage packages. If you don’t want a package that includes alcohol look st the Non-Alcohol package they will cover water, soda, coffees and mocktails.

We upgraded to the premium on our last cruise because I like Scotch Malt Whisky, however nearly all the bars did not have the brands included in the upgraded package.

Jameson is fine but I prefer Glenfiddich or Mclallen.

Last year there was no problem however a bartender said that not all bars were allowed to stock the premium brands. I started looking and sure enough only the main bars which opened after sailing carried premium brands.

VSOP, good malts, Vodkas etc. I also noticed that the cocktails at the pool bar were mixed with cheap label spirits.

There were other things that were noticeable as cost cutting exercises, we still had a great time, but we may rethink on our next sailing p.