Sharing internet

bringingthekids

In the past, one internet package could be shared as long as only one device is logged on at a time. It didn’t matter whether the people were sharing the same cabin or not. We are sailing on April 26, and when I called Captain’s Club to order my unlimited internet package, I was told that by the time we board our cruise, all ships would be updated so that people could share the same internet package and be logged on at the same time. The representative was speaking specifically about me and my husband being able to share one package and be logged on at the same time, so I don’t know if that will be the same for more than two devices at a time.

I have never had unlimited internet, so I do not know if they try to limit it. For the free minutes we get as Capt Club members, I have been able to use my wife's minutes by simply logging in as her. I believe you can only log in on one device at a time.

It's one device at a time. If you sign in on a second device it will ask if you want to disconnect the one that is connected.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This was also our experience. If I wanted to switch from iPad to my phone, it would ask me if I wanted to logout of the iPad. We also had 'Unlimited' internet access that came with our Go Best promotion but it had separate access codes for both of us.

The internet can be used on unlimited devices but only one at a time. If you don't log off and someone else tries to log on they will be give in the option - Do you want to disconnect the other account. You just click yes and then you can log in.

I just paid $199 for unlimited internet for an upcoming 9 night Med cruise. This was supposedly 20% off......

Was that flagged as a special promotion? I have seen both $199 and $224 quoted in my cruise planner but it's not at all clear what is the 'standard' price for a 9 night cruise or if it varies from cruise to cruise.

Was that flagged as a special promotion? I have seen both $199 and $224 quoted in my cruise planner but it's not at all clear what is the 'standard' price for a 9 night cruise or if it varies from cruise to cruise.

Yes, it was flagged as part of a "limited time" promotion: 20% off of any excursions, dining plans, etc . The "limited time" was like a 4 day period immediately after I booked the cruise.

This is my first Celebrity cruise so I'm not sure what the norm is for these promotions....

Yes, it was flagged as part of a "limited time" promotion: 20% off of any excursions, dining plans, etc . The "limited time" was like a 4 day period immediately after I booked the cruise.

This is my first Celebrity cruise so I'm not sure what the norm is for these promotions....

Thank you. I don't think there is a norm for these promotions, they seem to be rather ad hoc to me.

Wishing you a great cruise!

So can you just buy 1 hour of internet and use it on the TV in your room and on your I-phone?

I've seen a short timed period offered sometimes toward the end of a cruise (but not for a while) that folks would use to check in on their airline and print or download their boarding passes. Usually the last day.

• 5 months later...

Maybe everyone already knows this. But I just learned today that if you’re traveling with others, you can purchase a multi-device internet package and share it with your traveling companions in different cabins. For us, that will work out to be much cheaper than using the Elite 30% discount especially since there is a 20% off on our cruise right now. The multi-device package is cheaper per device than getting multiple single packages so sharing saves money.

Another option for savvy cruise critic members. Shared internet packages with friends met on roll call = more martinis. LOL

Edited by Islander500

Maybe everyone already knows this. But I just learned today that if you’re traveling with others, you can purchase a multi-device internet package and share it with your traveling companions in different cabins. For us, that will work out to be much cheaper than using the Elite 30% discount since there is a 20% off on our cruise right now.

Another option for savvy cruise critic members. Shared internet packages with friends met on roll call. LOL

It has been fairly standard that you can either take the elite 30% or the sale price, but you were never allowed to combine one with the other. Has anyone done that on this sale?

It has been fairly standard that you can either take the elite 30% or the sale price, but you were never allowed to combine one with the other. Has anyone done that on this sale?

Was clearly and unequivocably told no. Not stackable.

Was also told that the 30% Elite discount only applies to first one-device internet package, not to multiple device packages and also not to one-device package for each Elite occupant.

Edited by Islander500

All of the captain's club discounts (25% for Select, 30% for Elite etc) can only be applied to the unlimited single device package, per the captain's club rep I spoke to today. The 20% flash sale discount for a 2 device internet package was less expensive than 2 single device packages with the 25% discount (as we are still Select level) so I opted to purchase one 2 device package; difference between these two choices was over $80.

If you missed this flash sale, just keep your eyes open for another one. They seem to occur quarterly or close to it.

Was clearly and unequivocably told no. Not stackable.

Was also told that the 30% Elite discount only applies to first one-device internet package, not to multiple device packages and also not to one-device package for each Elite occupant.

Actually each individual can get 30% off their own package, but it's probably cheaper to buy a 2 device package at that point.

I am currently on Millennium and sharing ONE internet account with 2 people. You don't have to remember to log out for the other person to use. If you log on and the other account is connected you are given a screen to knock the other device off the internet and log yours on.

When you get to the screen to knock the other person off you are also give the opportunity to add a 2nd, 3rd and 4th device at discounted amounts.