Renting jet skis off the beach at Grand Turk near the cruise ship?

LongHill44

We are only in Grand Turk for just over 6 hours and have a bunch of teenagers with us. We do not wish to do a jet ski island tour or jump in a cab or van and be driven a half hour away so we were hoping there were some places right on the beach where you can rent a jet ski for an hour or so.

Anyone know? If so, where, do they take the S & S card, credit card, cash?

I was just there at the beginning of February. The only jet ski I saw was the life guard (I believe) running around the swimming area near the Port. I don't remember seeing them on that beach and I walked down to Jack's Shack. They might be available on another beach. The island is not that big. Look under the Grand Turk section, they might be able to help you there.

Most of the West side of Grand Turk is designated as a national underwater park and certain craft are prohibited, including jet skis. However, at one time Shore Excursioneer offered a jet ski rental off White Sands Beach (not to be confused with the old White Sands Resort) which is on the southeastern side of the island. Over $100+ pp for 1/2 hour. as I recall.

You might check www.shoreexcursioneer.com and see if it's still offered.

Shore Excursioneer is a middle firm handling bookings and reservations for a number of smaller, non-cruise ship vendors throughout the Caribbean.