Cruise Critic Community
London-Calling

CMV’s New Ship: Vasco da Gama

I appreciate the reports of the Eden problems, however I can't see that CMV will accept a ship that doesn't work and a prop defect is major. Extrapolating current issues with future issues is not reasonable I reckon, although I guess the rooms will stay as they are. A Singapore to Tilbury report will be revealing.

Peter

We are sailing from Singapore to Tilbury on the inaugral cruise.  Does anyone know if there is a roll call for this cruise?  I have searched but can't find one! Would like to do a few small group excursions etc. TIA

1 hour ago, imac41 said:

We are sailing from Singapore to Tilbury on the inaugral cruise.  Does anyone know if there is a roll call for this cruise?  I have searched but can't find one! Would like to do a few small group excursions etc. TIA

Hi imac41

the roll call is named CMV Vasco da Gama Singapore to London (Tilbury) and should come up if you put it in the search bar. It is located under Other cruise lines, CMV, as CMV was not included in the main list when it first was created.

We would be interested in joining small group excursions as the ship ones can be expensive. Also it gives greater flexibility to vary the itinerary.

We have only been back from this year’s vacation in Europe and the UK for a few weeks so have not made much effort yet to research anything.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone on the VDG inaugural cruise thread and finding out more about the ship and tours.

Liz & Vin

Edited by Lissie62
Spelling

Hi Liz and thanks for your reply. Lets hope I can find the roll call.. looking forward to the cruise and meet & greet etc. Cheers Pauline

Hi we are another couple who have just booked cruise Vasco Da Gama from Tilbury to Sydney, We live in Western Australia. Looking forward to our cruise.

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 7:41 PM, pengu said:

Hi, Ron and Marjorie are also booked on the Vasco da Gama next year from Tilbury to Sydney. We live at Port Macquarie NSW and have cruised a lot, but not cruised with CMV before. We like smaller ships generally. Can you buy wine packages on CMV ships or just the additional packages advertised in their brochure?

Hi again,

George and Janet Harvey from Seattle are getting organized for each port. Starting at the first port, April 26, in Penang, Malaysia: We will mostly walk thru the Georgetown area and have a lunch reservation at the Indigo @ Blue Mansion at 1 PM (14, Leith Street, George Town, 10200 Penang). We also plan to see the Khongsi Temple on Canon Street. Other than that - walking around to enjoy the fusion of cultures and the jetties near the ship.

April 27 in Phuket, we are planning a cruise of Phang Nga Bay with probably walking around old town and maybe getting up to the top of Rang Hill for the panoramic view. 

Looking forward to this cruise!!!

Janet and George

harvjf1@gmail.com

Only our second cruise and I am wondering what we should do for money. Do we need local money, or Euros, or US$??

Are credit cards accepted in most ports.

Does the ship do foreign exchange?

thanks for any advice from more seasoned cruisers 🙂

The ship will have a bureau de change if you have a small amount of US$ and Euro they will be accepted more or less every where get small notes and coins not large notes some places dont give change.

I have found the ship's bureau de change is usually a quite expensive way to exchange money. I've usually just used credit card while on shore. Your bank may have good advice on the most cost effective way to make purchases overseas. For example in NZ we used our bank account redicard at ATMs that took visa.

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 9:53 PM, Vietvets66 said:

Hi , we are from Perth and have booked this cruise from Tilbury to Sydney. Another couple of friends are also booked . Think the wait is a long long time , never booked so far out before but the OBC was too good to miss out on

Denise & Col

Hi Denise & Col, We will be in Mandurah 11/02/2019 - 15/02/2019. Would love to meet and greet, Do they have a Dome Coffee shop or similar in Mandurah, Cheril & Kim.

On 5/22/2018 at 6:28 AM, Cruizinbye said:

Many many Thanks, helpful advice! Our main concern was not to be under the disco or next to a lift, let's hope that' not the case. Maybe see you on the seas.

Hi Cruizinbye

are you still doing the VDG Singapore to London cruise? It would be good to see you on the roll call - under all other cruise lines since CMV is not recognised as one of the main ones on CC. Everyone is madly organising excursions and I’m keeping a list so we can arrange a M&G.  Hope to see you on board anyhow.

cheers

Liz