PoohUnderstands

Just off the royal princess & it was fine-questions?

Was Billy Pando still playing piano nightly

in Crooners?

Nope, Perry Grant. Onboard till early May. He has a website with videos and such.. He appeals to a very specific audience.. Check him out for yourself.

...have no opinion of buffet as never stepped foot in it...

WHAT? If it weren't for the Horizon Buffet I'd STARVE between dinner and Lunch!

Hi Pooh

I have tried to search for this but have had no luck, so I'm hoping you can help.

Do you remember what the "every day" items are in the MDR? I know the steak was replaced by a hamburger, but I'd like to know what the other options are. I don't need a long description, just simple notes, like 'chicken, salmon, caesar salad, etc'

Thanks for any help

ML

Those that I can remember include shrimp cocktail, caesar salad, salmon, fried chicken, creme brule, cheesecake with strawberry, "love boat" chocolate dessert

Those that I can remember include shrimp cocktail, caesar salad, salmon, fried chicken, creme brule, cheesecake with strawberry, "love boat" chocolate dessert

Another everyday item was fettucine Alfredo...delicious!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Forums mobile app

Thanks. I think I can work with chicken or salmon and a salad to try and stay on my diet! Maybe one night of fettucine :D

Thanks. I think I can work with chicken or salmon and a salad to try and stay on my diet! Maybe one night of fettucine :D

One night of Fettucine Alfredo? Good luck with that! A friend of mine's Grand-son sailed on Crown Princess recently and loved the dish so much that it was his entree for the 7 days of their cruise.

Some funny comments here! Can't wait to go on the Royal again, New England cruise this Fall. I was on for the TA last Fall, don't remember going to the buffet unless to pick up some fruit or a glass of juice.

Just got off the Emerald 30 day SA cruise and did not go to the buffet ever! I have lunch at the IC, a sandwich and a salad, love tomato & mozzarella flat breads toasted! Can't see any reason to go to a crowded buffet, not enjoyable.

Hello Poohunderstands, or any folks who just returned from Royal Princess recently. We are sailing with her to the British Isles in May. Just wondering if you could tell me how was the live bands on the ship. We like to do a bit of ballroom or social dancing in the evening. Are there more than one particular lounge with a live band or DJ playing at the time, or there is only one live band playing at a certain time in a certain lounge, and therefore you can not pick and choose where you can go if you want live music and dancing. I understand the Royal Princess is a big ship, and we usually prefer big ships that have different musical venues going on at the same time so at least you can pick which one you want to participate in. What type of music does the main band play, if you can recall? Thanks in advance.

Hello Poohunderstands, or any folks who just returned from Royal Princess recently. We are sailing with her to the British Isles in May. Just wondering if you could tell me how was the live bands on the ship. We like to do a bit of ballroom or social dancing in the evening. Are there more than one particular lounge with a live band or DJ playing at the time, or there is only one live band playing at a certain time in a certain lounge, and therefore you can not pick and choose where you can go if you want live music and dancing. I understand the Royal Princess is a big ship, and we usually prefer big ships that have different musical venues going on at the same time so at least you can pick which one you want to participate in. What type of music does the main band play, if you can recall? Thanks in advance.

Lounge entertainers last week were:

- James Guilmartin - sings pop songs with a guitar

- Romantica - string trio, plays mostly classical pieces with some contemporary mixed in

- Sunset Quartet - mostly 50s and 60s music, good for ballroom dancing

- Evolution - contemporary dance music

- Tyrone Babb - steel drums and Caribbean sounds

- Perry Grant - piano and vocals, he was playing extremely old stuff (like from before the era of recorded music) the only night I listened to him and I didn't stay long, but he seems to have a big fan club

- DJ ReRe - night club DJ

- house band - mostly does the production shows, but they did do a concert one day

In the evenings, two or three of these acts were usually performing simultaneously in different venues.

I love the Royal. I have been on her 4 times. She feels like home.

Pooh-

I am glad you had a great cruise!

One night of Fettucine Alfredo? Good luck with that! A friend of mine's Grand-son sailed on Crown Princess recently and loved the dish so much that it was his entree for the 7 days of their cruise.

If I were still young, say under 20, I would eat more fettuccine. But there is so much we have to give up as we age :D

Maybe a silly question, but did you try the pizza at the pool area? I have only been on Regal and I saw a very noticeable decline. But Alfredo's was great.

Where is Alfredo's on the Ruby? Have looked over the deck plans and cannot find it!

Where is Alfredo's on the Ruby? Have looked over the deck plans and cannot find it!

That's because there is not an Alfredo's on the Ruby unfortunately.

Pooh

We love The Royal Princess. My favorite place to have lunch was Alfredo’s.

Tony