Upgrade Advantage Poor/Fair offer

Shynook11

Thank you everyone!  This has been helpful.  I experienced a bid upgrade opportunity recently on Celebrity Edge and was awarded a suite upgrade far below the advertised price for that level cabin.  We had an amazing "Retreat" experience.  I received a bid opportunity on Breakaway late July 2019 and jumped on all Haven categories.  I am in the FAIR areas for most of the available Haven Suites - about double of minimum.  Since there are less of these categories, do I need to bump up my bids or should I stay put?  We are going from standard balcony to Haven Spa (H9) and above... H7, H6, H5.   I'm not experienced with NCL ships.

I bid 1 step up from the least amount possible and won my Penthouse upgrade just over 2 weeks out! You need to be careful cause if you look at the meter if you go all in you more than likely paying more for the room than if you had just booked it in the first place Go for bare minimum if you are already happy with your room choice and if you get it It's just that more Suite!!

11 minutes ago, wino@sea said:

I bid 1 step up from the least amount possible and won my Penthouse upgrade just over 2 weeks out! You need to be careful cause if you look at the meter if you go all in you more than likely paying more for the room than if you had just booked it in the first place Go for bare minimum if you are already happy with your room choice and if you get it It's just that more Suite!!

Thanks for the information and advice.  I checked what the going rate for the haven suites were and are before I made my bid.  I am well below for this sailing and for same ship/itinerary several months out. I think I'm going to adjust down some, though I am comfortable with the $$ for what we would be getting.

On 5/16/2019 at 2:41 PM, TwoGuysPBC said:

Thanks for the information and advice.  I checked what the going rate for the haven suites were and are before I made my bid.  I am well below for this sailing and for same ship/itinerary several months out. I think I'm going to adjust down some, though I am comfortable with the $$ for what we would be getting.

a good strategy is to change your bid often