Cruise Critic Community
chemmo

Reflections from the Reflection....a RS experience.

Thanks for a very nice thread.,,Seems the bad start did not mar your vacation. Hope you can enjoy your party frock soon, perhaps on a more dressy cruise! Wishing you many happy future cruises!

New posh frock will hopefully get an airing on our Barcelona cruise on Eclipse in September....As I said in a previous post we are happy with ‘smart casual’ dress but cruising out of Southampton was definitely dressier!

We spent hours researching a pre cruise one week Oahu stay....in the end (after many hours on trip advisor) we went for a little hotel called Park Shore next to the zoo. Whilst the hotel did not technically have lots of facilities we had great views, a two room suite and the toot of elephants every morning! Loads of local restaurants and a great ambiance.

The cruise itself is just so varied...Bora, Bora, Tahiti, Bay of Islands...even Hobbiton before arriving in Sydney!

We are booked on the Silhouette April 2020....really looking forward to it!

Could you tell me when you booked this cruise for April 2020 it really looks good and I want to possibly look into 2021 or 2022??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Could you tell me when you booked this cruise for April 2020 it really looks good and I want to possibly look into 2021 or 2022??

In recent years, new seasons' cruises have been released around December. If that continues, April 2021should be released this December and 2022 in December 2019. Your best bet to learn what will be released when is following Cruise Critic. It is usually the most reliable source of information.

The itinerary listed is The TransPacific on Solstice ((Hawaii to Sydney) which is usually each October. It’s opposite (Sydney to Hawaii) usually happens in April.

My Silhouette cruise for April 2020 is a Caribbean one....I was answering two different parts to a post and I think my response confused you....Sorry!

Thank you Chemmo. Good to know you enjoyed the cruise - there are a lot of sea days. May well ask some Qs once I get round to some planning.

Hope you are having a blast!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Forums mobile app

The itinerary listed is The TransPacific on Solstice ((Hawaii to Sydney) which is usually each October. It’s opposite (Sydney to Hawaii) usually happens in April.

My Silhouette cruise for April 2020 is a Caribbean one....I was answering two different parts to a post and I think my response confused you....Sorry!

Oh I see !I am interested in the transpacific from Sydney to Hawaii!! I looked it up last night and it looks like a great long one! We are just working ourselves up to longer cruises!

Oh I see !I am interested in the transpacific from Sydney to Hawaii!! I looked it up last night and it looks like a great long one! We are just working ourselves up to longer cruises!

The longer cruise we loved...gave you the chance to get to know staff and fellow passengers so much more!

To really take advantage of this cruise, however, you do need to be able to extend your stay at the start and end.

We have enjoyed many fantastic cruises but this remains our favourite.....

We spent hours researching a pre cruise one week Oahu stay....in the end (after many hours on trip advisor) we went for a little hotel called Park Shore next to the zoo. Whilst the hotel did not technically have lots of facilities we had great views, a two room suite and the toot of elephants every morning! Loads of local restaurants and a great ambiance.

The cruise itself is just so varied...Bora, Bora, Tahiti, Bay of Islands...even Hobbiton before arriving in Sydney!

We are booked on the Silhouette April 2020....really looking forward to it!

We were not familar with Park Shore. It does look interesting. We will check it out on another trip.

We stayed on Waikiki beach in the Outrigger above the Dukes once.

We want to check out the Disney Resort this time and my brother is a cast member, so he gets us a discount.

We love the FP area. Last year we cruised on a 28

day Round Trip from San Pedro to FP. (On Princess)

thanks so much for posting! I haven't read all your posts yet, but looking forward to it. Lovely to hear about all the fun perks associated with a big suite, something we won't get to do, but it's fun to read about it :D

We're on the Reflection next year for the Ireland & Iceland cruise, it'll be a new ship for us, so it's nice to get a little preview.

We are presently on a ten night Southern Caribbean itinerary including Antigua, St Maarten, Barbados and St. Lucia.

Thanks for taking time to work the computer while cruising :)

We have the exact same calls in November. Any tips will be highly appreciated. Is it reasonable to book trips ourselves or is it better with the ship?

We want to snorkle and maybe do a bikeride where possible. Danes you know, we love bicycling ;p Enjoy the last waves.

Thanks for taking time to work the computer while cruising :)

We have the exact same calls in November. Any tips will be highly appreciated. Is it reasonable to book trips ourselves or is it better with the ship?

We want to snorkle and maybe do a bikeride where possible. Danes you know, we love bicycling ;p Enjoy the last waves.

I honestly suggest you look at the Celebrity excursions then compare with private (by looking at local tourist sites) and then look at the roll call for your cruise to see if anyone is organising anything there! Remember you are responsible for getting yourself back to the ship but other than clock watching there is no right or wrong answer...it is what suits you best.

We independently did a small walk in Antigua to the Cathedral that is undergoing extensive rebuilding (termites not hurricane issues). We enjoyed visiting Antigua for a full holiday some years ago so didn’t feel the need for a full island tour. Our visit was something of a pilgrimage as last time we visited the condition of the Cathedral was much worse.

St. Maarten we did a brief island tour....heartbreaking to see the damage still prevalent and the locals opening their shops and bars with just half a roof on trying to make a living. Again it is an island we have visited before. Our choice to go with an X tour based significantly on OBC.

St. Lucia, one of our favourite islands, so green.....This cruise we chose to do the crater tour (x again we had lots of OBC!). It was a great tour but if you have never seen The Pitons from the sea that would be my first choice....

You will notice I haven’t mentioned Barbados....for you this could be a good beach stop. For us, after previously visiting, it was our ‘stay on ship day’! We love having at least one day per Caribbean cruise where we enjoy poolside on a near empty ship!

Sincere best wishes for a fantastic cruise!

Presently relaxing in Kissimmee after Seaworld and Busch Garden trips...Much more tiring than shore excursions!

thanks so much for posting! I haven't read all your posts yet, but looking forward to it. Lovely to hear about all the fun perks associated with a big suite, something we won't get to do, but it's fun to read about it :D

We're on the Reflection next year for the Ireland & Iceland cruise, it'll be a new ship for us, so it's nice to get a little preview.

This cruise was our first on Reflection and we did thoroughly enjoy lots of aspects of the ship. For us ‘the icing on the cake’ was the new restaurant experiences of Lawn Grill, The Porch and Le Petit Chef at Q’sine....Strongly suggest you look at a meal package.

Sincere best wishes for a great cruise!

We were not familar with Park Shore. It does look interesting. We will check it out on another trip.

We want to check out the Disney Resort this time and my brother is a cast member, so he gets us a discount.

Hope you have a fantastic experience.....great pity I haven’t any ‘strategically placed’ relatives!

Although a bit removed from Waikiki, Ko Olina is wonderful! It's hands down our favorite area to stay on Oahu (though we haven't stayed at Aulani, just the Marriott properties.) Just visited in December for my birthday. If you wish to try some off property restaurants, Moena Cafe at the new Ka Makana Ali'i Mall in Kapolei is awesome. If I'm not mistaken, Aulani has a shuttle to the Mall. Don't bother with Limon Rotisserie, it was dreadful. In Kapolei, there's a fantastic local italian place called Assaggio - super delicious food and reasonably priced. There are some great little places across the way from Aulani at Ko Olina Center (love the Margaritas at Just Tacos!) We splurged for my birthday dinner at Roy's Ko Olina and it didn't disappoint, either. (I'm making it sound like we ate our way thru vacation ... perhaps we did!)

Enjoy - we absolutely love Hawaii.

Although a bit removed from Waikiki, Ko Olina is wonderful! It's hands down our favorite area to stay on Oahu (though we haven't stayed at Aulani, just the Marriott properties.) Just visited in December for my birthday. If you wish to try some off property restaurants, Moena Cafe at the new Ka Makana Ali'i Mall in Kapolei is awesome. If I'm not mistaken, Aulani has a shuttle to the Mall. Don't bother with Limon Rotisserie, it was dreadful. In Kapolei, there's a fantastic local italian place called Assaggio - super delicious food and reasonably priced. There are some great little places across the way from Aulani at Ko Olina Center (love the Margaritas at Just Tacos!) We splurged for my birthday dinner at Roy's Ko Olina and it didn't disappoint, either. (I'm making it sound like we ate our way thru vacation ... perhaps we did!)

Enjoy - we absolutely love Hawaii.

Thank you for the suggestions.

Le petit chef est magnifique!

Thoroughly enjoyed our experience last night. Often one can experience ‘fun dining’ but it is often at the expense of getting good food. Last night we had both.

I really don’t want to say too much about the presentation as it would spoil the surprise but it really did surpass our expectations!

Hi

My wife and I also saw the Le Petite Chef dining experience on QSINE.

We had no idea what this was, and to be honest if we knew we probably wouldn’t have booked it. We are not into gimmicks. But have to say once the evening started my wife and I were transfixed. How often do you have dinner at your own table and start giggling like when you were a kid? My wife and I are in our 60’s (early!) and have done 100’s of specialty restaurants on cruises. This one might be among our favorite.

At one point I looked at my wife who has had a tough year and she was looking down at the Le Petite Chef with her mouth open with joy and smiling like a child...can’t ask for anything more.

We hope to do this again on Edge next year and bring the whole family next time.

Highly recommend.

just catching up reading this post....and must say your comments made me smile.

Love to read such positive things and how they make people happy !

Out loud I commented...how lovely is that !

so thank you for sharing.

we are on the Reflection this Dec and the Edge next Feb..so will certainly put this

on our to do list !

thank you

Brockmom

You will notice I haven’t mentioned Barbados....for you this could be a good beach stop. For us, after previously visiting, it was our ‘stay on ship day’! We love having at least one day per Caribbean cruise where we enjoy poolside on a near empty ship!

My family and I enjoyed our non-tour visit to Barbados (walk to town, fish market, eating & drinking local food and beer, cricket stadium & museum) so much that we are considering a future land based extended vacation in Barbados.

In your opinion is that something we should reconsider given your second(?) visit was to stay on the ship?

My family and I enjoyed our non-tour visit to Barbados (walk to town, fish market, eating & drinking local food and beer, cricket stadium & museum) so much that we are considering a future land based extended vacation in Barbados.

In your opinion is that something we should reconsider given your second(?) visit was to stay on the ship?

No, not at all, this decision was based simply on the fact I don’t have the physical stamina to do a tour every day any more...

On a cruise like this with all your stops together something has to give...We love Antigua and wanted to support St Maarten post hurricane by spending a few dollars there and St Lucia is so beautiful that only left Barbados to skip.

When we did a full day island tour in Barbados about three years ago we liked Barbados but didn’t love it. It has some fabulous beaches and great AI resorts...It sounds like you enjoyed your non tour visit and picked up more of the ambiance than we did. I simply don’t know enough about Barbados to guide you about it being a good option for a land based stay. Hopefully someone who has spent longer than either of us on Barbados can advise better.