Be honest, what is the wait for "anytime dinning"?

LongHill44

Our wait has always been about 20 minutes.

I like the wait because we are usually in a group and we can all get a drink and have some time to relax while waiting for a table.

That will depend on the ship and how many people you are going with and the time. Lot of variables but on the Miracle for 4 people it varied from immediately to about 20-30 minutes. Formal night was definitely about a half hour wait. On the new monster 4000 person ships it may be longer!

On cruise casual nights I've never had to wait for a table for 2 on my 5 cruises with Carnival, but I've had to wait every single elegant night. Never longer than 20 minutes though. If your a small party and don't have a preference to where you sit it's pretty easy to get in when you want to. A larger party and requesting a certain waitstaff could get you a wait.

On our cruise in Sep 2017, we ate in the MDR 9 out of 10 nights. We had YTD and were usually within a few min of opening. Of the 9 dinners we had 1 wait of about 15 - 20 wait for a table for 2, they gave us a light up/buzzer thing so we could step away and wander to the piano bar for a bit.

We have YTD set for our next 2 cruises too.

We usually have a table for two and have rarely waited more than five minutes. Most of the time there is no wait. We eat at various times. The longest waiting is usually for the line to be seated. That can be five minutes.

On the few times we have had to wait it was just long enough to go to the bar and have a drink. I don't think we were able to finish and took it with us when the pager went off.

We've cruised with a group of eight and each night we had less than a 10 minute wait. Our group was amazed that they were able to accommodate us so quickly.

I'm glad to see that the Horizon has a dedicated dining room for YTD instead of taking part of one of the MDR's.

Take care,

Mike

We were on the Imagination for 4 nights. We (table for 2) always went to the MDR around 7:45-8:00 pm. Two nights we had no wait. On Elegant Night, we had a 25 minute wait. On the last night, we were advised the wait would be 45 minutes, so we went to the Lido.

Our cruise on the Sunshine party of 7 or sometimes 4 was about 30min wait every night except on elegant night it was over 2hrs. It seemed that most on the other cruisers picked YTD and, wanted to eat early so they could make it to the entertainment time windows. Our cruise was a lot of waiting in lines sadly.

We went about 545 opening most nights, no wait. One night there was a line waiting but as soon as they opened but were sitting within 5 minutes. Only wait was when we went at 630 one nights and it was around a half hour.

Tonight on the Splendor, our group of 10 walked up for Anytime just before 6pm. Seated right away all together at a large table. No wait line at all. Dining room staff told us it will likely be busier tomorrow for elegant night.