Photos From Our Cruise Stops At Lisbon, Portugal

Your pics are fantastic! We're visiting on our own for the first time in early October. Can't wait!

Thank you Liz.

October is a nice time to visit.

We will be there in October this year as well.

Have a wonderful time.

Keith

Keith. You are a wonderful man to post such excellent photos. We will be in Lisbon on a port call in the fall and I hope that our time there will be as exciting as your photos. :D

senorbanda...Thank you for your kind words. I hope that you have a wonderful time in Lisbon.

Keith

Keith, thank you for sharing your beautuful photos.

You said that you prefer to walk to take in all these sights. Were they all within walking distance in the city? Where would you suggest one start from?

Would appreciate any guidance you can provide. We will be there in less than 2 months during a port stop from 9am to 5pm.

• Like 1

Keith, thank you for sharing your beautuful photos.

You said that you prefer to walk to take in all these sights. Were they all within walking distance in the city? Where would you suggest one start from?

Would appreciate any guidance you can provide. We will be there in less than 2 months during a port stop from 9am to 5pm.

If you like to walk they are all easily walkable.

You will enter Lisbon at the City Centre.

There are three docking areas. One is within a short walk to the centre.

The furthest of the three is near that bridge and abut a 45 minute walk so from there if a shuttle is not offered and your time is limited I would just take a taxi.

Keith

• Like 1

If you like to walk they are all easily walkable.

You will enter Lisbon at the City Centre.

There are three docking areas. One is within a short walk to the centre.

The furthest of the three is near that bridge and abut a 45 minute walk so from there if a shuttle is not offered and your time is limited I would just take a taxi.

Keith

Thank you

Keith,

Great photos! Our son will be moving to Portugal ( Porto specifically)

in September ro attend the university, so we will be visiting a lot! Lots of new adventures.

Someone asked about safety. Portugal is considered the third safest country in the world ( you can check the statistics).

Do you have a hotel recommendation in Lisbon? We will be going there in September and December.

Thanks

Kim

Edited by brazilgirl

Keith,

Great photos! Our son will be moving to Portugal ( Porto specifically)

in September ro attend the university, so we will be visiting a lot! Lots of new adventures.

Someone asked about safety. Portugal is considered the third safest country in the world ( you can check the statistics).

Do you have a hotel recommendation in Lisbon? We will be going there in September and December.

Thanks

Kim

Kim, glad you enjoyed the photos.

How nice that your son will be moving to Porto. I've been there one time and thought it was a very nice city.

Great statistic on Portugal. We have always felt very safe there.

A very nice hotel in Lisbon is the Hotel Avenida Palace.

There is a Sofitel in the downtown area which would be more moderately priced. I've walked inside that hotel and it seemed nice.

Best to you.

Keith

• Like 1

I would recommend starting a new thread for this question and I am sure that others can help you.

Keith

As always, excellent pictures and postings from Keith. As noted below in my live/blog, we super enjoyed Lisbon, Fatima, Porto, etc., last year. Agree with Keith for starting a new thread on this question of doing Fatima during a cruise ship stop in Lisbon. Much will depend as to how much net time you have in this port for that one day. There is some distance and logistics to consider in going from Lisbon to Fatima. And, back!! You might also do search on this "Other Med" board to find other, earlier postings regarding Fatima.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Lisbon, NWSpain, Bordeaux/Brittany: Finished June 2017 sailing on the Silver Spirit from Portugal to France along the scenic Atlantic Coast, plus great pre- and post-cruise experiences. Many interesting pictures and details on history, food, culture, etc., from my live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2511358

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Well Keith you just twisted my arm! Doing a trans atlantic next april ending in Rome where I will spend a few days.

Flight home will be on Tap Portugal, that stops in Lisbon and they allow you to gap the flight for up to five nights before continuing on to the US, so think I'll gap my flight for 3 nights and wander around Portugal, Lisbon is one of the port stops on the trans atlantic but know it will be a mere taste and I've always wanted to go there.

• Like 1

Well Keith you just twisted my arm! Doing a trans atlantic next april ending in Rome where I will spend a few days.

Flight home will be on Tap Portugal, that stops in Lisbon and they allow you to gap the flight for up to five nights before continuing on to the US, so think I'll gap my flight for 3 nights and wander around Portugal, Lisbon is one of the port stops on the trans atlantic but know it will be a mere taste and I've always wanted to go there.

This sounds wonderful.

I hope you have a great time.

Keith

Lisbon is one of the port stops on the trans atlantic but know it will be a mere taste and I've always wanted to go there.

You could spend three weeks here in Portugal and it would still only be a mere taste! It may be a small country but there is so much to see and do. You will surely want to come back again! :D

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
Keith, do you know if there are taxis or tours available at the port gates for going out to places like the villages? Basically are there touts waiting to pounce on you? [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are definitely taxis there.

Other than city HoHo I don't remember but I will be there in a few days so will be more observant.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2018 at 7:15 AM, karenbeanpole said:

Keith, do you know if there are taxis or tours available at the port gates for going out to places like the villages? Basically are there touts waiting to pounce on you? [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

karenbeanpole:

We are back from our cruise which ended with an overnight in Lisbon and there were not only taxis but tour guides available for booking right at the cruise ship terminal.

Keith

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 11:26 AM, Keith1010 said:

karenbeanpole:

We are back from our cruise which ended with an overnight in Lisbon and there were not only taxis but tour guides available for booking right at the cruise ship terminal.

Keith

Keith,  As usual wonderful photos that you shared.  We will be stopping in Lisbon on a call port next month on our T/A. Did you by chance notice any Tuk tuks for hire at the terminal?

3 hours ago, senorbanda said:

Keith,  As usual wonderful photos that you shared.  We will be stopping in Lisbon on a call port next month on our T/A. Did you by chance notice any Tuk tuks for hire at the terminal?

Glad you liked the photos.

I do remember seeing a couple of the Tuk Tuks for hire at the terminal.

Keith

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...