Disembark cruise to Venice Airport transportation

adrval

Define "best", please. Is cost a factor? Time?

A little reading on the board would reveal there are 4 methods. Land taxi (fastest). Land bus (cheapest). Water bus. Water taxi (most expensive, although with 4 people, not bad). There would also be cruise line transfers.

same price approx as cruise transfer

on cruise transfer can we pick a time or do we have to wait until a bus fills up?

$180 seems pretty high. But it will be direct.

As always, taxi (both land and water) will be the most "direct", although water taxi will take longer. Most people seek something cheaper than cruise transfers, and sometimes more direct. The cruise transfers will wait for a full bus load. You will be assigned a disembarking time based upon your flight schedule. You generally don't get to "pick" your time, although you can sort of manipulate things by what time your flight is. Unless it is "too early" by cruise line standards.

Give us some details. What time is your flight?

Taxi or pre-arranged transfer should be around 40-60€ for the whole group. We have used Elite Autonoleggi twice and had great service. If you overnight in Venice there will be reps from the car services taking reservations outside the terminal. We have done this too.

The Airport web site has info on various transportation and links to providers. A cab will be your most efficient option, providing door to door service, and it's only a 20 minute ride. For 4 people expect to pay at least 50E.

Regular cabs will not hold 4 people plus luggage so you should make a reservation for a large cab or go with a private car service.

http://www.veniceairport.it/en/transport.html

• 1 month later...

the cost of the taxi is 50. I booked on suntransfers and the cost was somewhat higher in a private van. They were correct and effective.]GoOpti works very well in Venice It is cheaper than the traditional private transfer but the pick-up is in piazzale roma.

• 1 month later...

How do I know what time to reserve my transportation for....do I show someone on the ship what time my reservation is for and then I'm "allowed" to get off at that time?

Just booked transfers with Elite Autonoleggi. We booked transfers from airport to Piazzale Roma upon arrival to Italy and also from Pier to the airport on the day we disembark the ship. We have booked for 8AM upon disembarkation. I am adding this for anyone who is has questions on transfers. The cost was 45 Euros each way for 2 people. Booking was very easy and response from company was prompt!

My question, however, is where on the pier does RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas dock...does anyone know? We have been on this ship before out of and into this port, and seem to remember it being close to the people mover as we used it last time and are thinking of using it again on embarkation day. Is this still the case?

Thanks in advance!

Lisa

• 2 weeks later...
Just booked transfers with Elite Autonoleggi. We booked transfers from airport to Piazzale Roma upon arrival to Italy and also from Pier to the airport on the day we disembark the ship. We have booked for 8AM upon disembarkation. I am adding this for anyone who is has questions on transfers. The cost was 45 Euros each way for 2 people. Booking was very easy and response from company was prompt!

My question, however, is where on the pier does RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas dock...does anyone know? We have been on this ship before out of and into this port, and seem to remember it being close to the people mover as we used it last time and are thinking of using it again on embarkation day. Is this still the case?

Thanks in advance!

Lisa

It'll be at Maritima but you'd have to check the schedule to find out which dock (they are a lot of them). Their website isn't that good and doesn't go out very far in advance.

found a private land transfer for approx $180- is this fair??

"best"- gets us there on time with least hassle--

not an open wallet but not necessary to find cheapest!

No, that is not really fair. Consider that you could hire two taxis for about half that price. We have also noticed that some of the private transfer companies charge those kind of fares. For that kind of money ($180) you could even arrange for a private water taxi and get change!

Hank

• 2 weeks later...
Will there be taxis lined up at the port to just jump into?

There will be some, but the number of land taxis in Venice are limited. That is why many experienced travelers will consider booking something in advance...if they are going to be under a tight time constraint. If time is not a big issue, and you can handle walking with your luggage, you can use "Plan B" which is to use the People Mover to get over to the Piazale Roma from where you can catch the Express ATVO Bus (it runs every 20 min) to Marco Polo Airport.

Hank

We used Trevisio car service to get from the port to the VCE airport - almost new Mercedes van for 4 of us was 60 Euros. Marta was great with emails and info and our driver was on time and professional.

http://www.trevisocarservice.com/en/

There were some cab drivers trolling for customers as passengers exited the port building with bags - no idea how much they were charging (but I suspect it depended upon your negotiating skills).

• 4 weeks later...
We used Trevisio car service to get from the port to the VCE airport - almost new Mercedes van for 4 of us was 60 Euros. Marta was great with emails and info and our driver was on time and professional.

http://www.trevisocarservice.com/en/

There were some cab drivers trolling for customers as passengers exited the port building with bags - no idea how much they were charging (but I suspect it depended upon your negotiating skills).

Thank you for this, I've just reached out to them for our Nov 10 return from pier to airport!