Cheapest way from FLL to Port Everglades with Baby and No Car Seat?

mrsmeganford

Hope this isn't too redundant but I didn't see any other posts with this info.

Husband, 6 month old baby and I are flying into FLL the morning of our cruise. Ideally I'd like to leave her car seat at home since we won't need it for anything else the whole trip except to/from the airport.

Is there a way to request a car seat in an Uber or taxi? What are our options? Will it save us a considerable amount to just suck it up and lug the car seat with us?

Thanks for your help!

The cruise line transfer bus will not require a car seat.

You can request an Uber with a car seat, but they are few and far between and usually more expensive than UberXL

Check with Go Airport Shuttle - based at the FLL airport - to see if they can accommodate you and provide a car seat.

I would also search the family cruise board to see what other solutions families in your situation have found.

• 2 weeks later...

We have traveled to MIA/FLL twice with our little one requiring a car seat. I definitely did NOT want to bring her car seat along. We used Get Easy Transportation and they were able to provide a car seat. The driver was very nice and everything worked out smoothly the first time we used them. The second time there was a snafu in the booking process and our reservation ended up getting cancelled in error. I found out when I called them the day before to confirm. They were able to reconfirm us but weren't able to guarantee a car seat at that late time. So we ended up using someone else that time. I will say Get Easy isn't super responsive through email, so it's best to call the office to reserve.

• 4 months later...

We ended up just taking her infant car seat and checking it at the gate for both flights and then taking an uber. It wasn't really in our way since we shoved it under the bed in our room and didn't pull it back out until leaving.

We ended up just taking her infant car seat and checking it at the gate for both flights and then taking an uber. It wasn't really in our way since we shoved it under the bed in our room and didn't pull it back out until leaving.

Can I ask how much the uber cost?

I want to say $14 or so. It was super cheap and very easy! If you can get away with taking the lighter infant car seats you don't need bases, you can secure them with just the seatbelt. We handed it to the porter when we got out of the Uber and didn't really feel hassled by it at all.

The only other advice I'd give is try to see if you can get a free/really cheap one from a friend or at a mom2mom sale or something. They definitely get banged around while being checked on the flight and by the porters on the cruise so you probably don't want to bring your nice every day one.

From FLL to PE UberXL or a taxi will be about $15+ (depends slightly upon what berth the ship is at); UberX or standard Lyft should be closer to $10-12