A suite that was not so sweet on the Pride.

Kgol

Aft wrap suite, Pride. Sailing March 18

I would not sail in this cabin again, if you gave it to me. We came in on Sunday and the door was open, airing out the suite. The smell of wet wood, mold and sewage was overpowering....clearly there had been an issue the last cruise. Nevertheless, guest services said that there were no stains....nope...no stains. They put in an ionizer that took three nights to make a dent in the odor. It was actually gross to walk on it, and we did so only in shoes. We got a bottle of wine at dinner for our inconvenience.

imagejpeg

Bent vents that rattled all night

imagejpeg

Stains and dirt on tub door.

imagejpeg

Then there was the black sludge that the engine spewed out many days. This was on the balcony. It also hit the Serenity area.....causing one young lady to jump up with a scream after a dime size glob hit her on the thigh. Crew said it was nothing to worry about.....

imagejpeg

Chairs on balcony. Again, note black stuff on them

imagejpeg

This ship needs to be given a major facelift. It is rusty, extremely smokey, dark, stained and just gritty. From food on the walls in the dining room, to leaks in the buffet....see pic below....she just needs some major work.

imagejpeg

This was how the crew took care of the liquid that was leaking onto the seats from above. Truly...they stuck a napkin on it and walked away. I’ll post more this week. Truthfully, if you are booked on this ship, I wish you well.

Edited by Kgol

That’s a real shame. The wraps on the spirit class ships are the best, I would have been pretty “disappointed”.

Gotta watch that black soot, that stuff will get everywhere. I’ve learned to wipe down the balcony every morning (and clean up the occasional tomato slice that was thrown off the back of the lido).

Unfortunately the fotos are not attached, but with your documentation I would be contacting CCL. Most complaints on CC are minor nuisances, but wet moldy smelling room does is a whole different level of wrong. The smell of mold doesn’t come from roses.

I have sailed on the Pride many times and will again despite typical Cruise Critic whining!

What is the purpose of a comment like this? This woman had a problem and coming here to talk about it is completely acceptable. She didn't whine but merely conveying what was obviously an atypical problem. Geesh, why can't people be nice?

I'm always so grateful for the help I get. Thank you to all of you who have so nicely answered my questions and complaints without snark.

What is the purpose of a comment like this? This woman had a problem and coming here to talk about it is completely acceptable. She didn't whine but merely conveying what was obviously an atypical problem. Geesh, why can't people be nice?

I'm always so grateful for the help I get. Thank you to all of you who have so nicely answered my questions and complaints without snark.

THIS...exactly.. I don't know why people feel the need to berate others...

Like you, I am very grateful for all the folks on this forum who help me with answers to my questions and give all of us a heads up to certain situations, whether it's the norm or not.

Original OP, sorry you went thru that and I hope Carnival clears things up.

Thanks for the info.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Forums mobile app