What are your Carnival Main Dinning Room top 5, appetizers, main course and desserts?

LongHill44

I guess I'm the only person on the planet who doesn't like warm chocolate melting cake. I love chocolate, but when I've had it in the past, it was like half-cooked brownie batter and just didn't seem all that great. I LOVE the creme' brulee' though and the buttered popcorn parfait. OMG so good. They also used to do (or maybe they still do? I think it was phased out on our last trip)a Nutella tiramisu that was to die for.

As far as appies go, I love the mushroom soup, the French onion soup, the alligator fritters, the beef carpaccio and the barbecue chicken flat bread. I don't really have any favorite entrees though...last time I ended up making dinner out of three or four appies because none of the entrees really appealed to me.

WAITER RECOMMENDATION: I have always had very good luck asking the waiter what is their best appetizer and entree and then getting that. One cruise we had a waiter with a good sense of humor who told me NOT to get one particular entree because it was very bad. When he brought out our entrees, he brought me two--the one I ordered (which he said was their best) and the one he said was awful and insisted I try it. Sure enough, it was lousy.

WARM CHOCOLATE MELTING CAKE DEBATE: With one scoop of ice cream only it's VERY chocolately--with two scoops of ice cream it's just right!

WAITER RECOMMENDATION: I have always had very good luck asking the waiter what is their best appetizer and entree and then getting that. One cruise we had a waiter with a good sense of humor who told me NOT to get one particular entree because it was very bad. When he brought out our entrees, he brought me two--the one I ordered (which he said was their best) and the one he said was awful and insisted I try it. Sure enough, it was lousy.

WARM CHOCOLATE MELTING CAKE DEBATE: With one scoop of ice cream only it's VERY chocolately--with two scoops of ice cream it's just right!

Good idea about asking the waiter for recommendations on what’s best and what to avoid!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Reading this is making me very hungry. We normally sail RCI but I'm giving Carnival a shot just over the choices of places to eat and food offerings. DW and I love alligator, how many fritters do they serve you? Is it an appetizer or main course?

Reading this is making me very hungry. We normally sail RCI but I'm giving Carnival a shot just over the choices of places to eat and food offerings. DW and I love alligator, how many fritters do they serve you? Is it an appetizer or main course?

It's an appetizer. I think there were 3 small fritters. You can always order more than one. [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G925V using Forums mobile app

I will be so disappointed if the Valor does not have Indian food. It is by far my most favorite type of food!!!

There is no Tandoori like you find on the Dream class ships, but it is on the menu in the MDR every night. I am actually going to be giving it a try this cruise as we love Indian food, just have never ordered it in the MDR.

One of my absolute favorites is the flaming tomato soup served during the Sea Day Brunch. Carnival posted a recipe once and there were soo many ingredients it was silly to even consider making for one person (DH does not eat tomato soup), so I have to wait for Brunch during the cruise to get it.

Apps

Strawberry Bisque

Kale/Pork Tenderloin Tart

Escargot

Rabbit Puff Pastry

Peach Soup

Crab Cakes

Oysters Rockafeller

(sorry that's 7)

Honorable Mentions

Flatbreads, Gator Fritters, Salads, Pumpkin Soup

Main Dishes

Lobster

Filet/Spare rib Duo

Salmon Cake

Fried Chicken

Seafood Nuremburg

Desserts

Bitter and Blanc

Fruit Plate

Melting Cake

Espresso Cake

Tiramisu

I like to try it once for dinner each cruise but they only seem to know how to make it super spicy.

The spicier the better for me! But, my husband just about passed out when he first tried Indian. I think he was overwhelmed by the combination of spices used and and the heat level.

There is no Tandoori like you find on the Dream class ships, but it is on the menu in the MDR every night. I am actually going to be giving it a try this cruise as we love Indian food, just have never ordered it in the MDR.

Oh, bummer about not having the Tandoori. But, so happy to hear they served Indian nightly. I love it so much I might just order it nightly!

I will be so disappointed if the Valor does not have Indian food. It is by far my most favorite type of food!!!

My husband did the Behind the Fun tour on the Dream and was told the daily Indian menu offered each night is also the crew menu. If you do not see it listed on the menu, you may ask for it off menu. One time, my SIL just asked the waiter to bring her the crew Indian meal without knowing what exactly it was. She enjoyed it immensely.

I don’t dine in the MDR often. Last cruise I never made it there for dinner. But when I do find my way there, I like:

Appetizers

Stuffed mushrooms

Greek salad

Smoked Chicken quesadilla

Pork tart (I forgot the name)

Entrees

Penne Mariscos

Beef Lasagna

Lobster

Ravioli

Seared Tilapia

Sides

Mac & Cheese w Bacon

Baked potato

Creamed spinach

Dessert

Pie of the day

Cheesecake

It’s been recommended to order cherries jubilee and chocolate melting cake and mix the two. Never tried it.

My husband did the Behind the Fun tour on the Dream and was told the daily Indian menu offered each night is also the crew menu. If you do not see it listed on the menu, you may ask for it off menu. One time, my SIL just asked the waiter to bring her the crew Indian meal without knowing what exactly it was. She enjoyed it immensely.

Thank you for the idea! I will definitely ask if I don’t see it!