Cruise Critic Community
dmdiver

Fireball for the cabin, or pay as you go?

Trying to determine if it is better to order a bottle of fireball for the cabin or just buy shots from the bar.

Here's my dilemma - Carnival's website doesn't state the volume of the bottle for the cabin.

I also don't know how large the shots are at the bar - 1 ounce, 2 ounces?

And third, I don't know what the current cost is for a shot of fireball. I thought we paid $6 for them on Princess, but even that is not recent & may have no relevance anyway, since it's not Carnival.

Does anyone out there know any of the answers?

The majority of the liquor is the 1 liter size. The Patron and Chambord look to be 750 ml. I would assume it would be the liter size, unless it's not normally sold that way.

One thread I read said shots are about 1.5 ounces and about $7.50 to $8.50 per. Could be more with the expensive tequilas, etc. The info is in this thread here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2551409&highlight=shots

This is a link I saved off when doing a search on the Cheers package. It's from a few years ago but the prices shouldn't be too far off.

http://www.cruisemapper.com/wiki/719-carnival-cruise-alcohol-drink-prices

Don't know if I can attach a PDF. Someone had a Cheers Comparison chart to determine if it was worth getting the package. I think the prices are fairly current. Hope this helps. :)

Cheers Comparison.pdf

Thanks for the links & the chart. I know we don't drink enough for us to each purchase the cheers package. I know on land, Fireball comes in 750ml and 1.5L bottles. It's odd to me that when you look at all the fun shop beverage offerings, most have the volume listed in the description, then there are a few that don't.

We were just thinking it might be nice to have a shot while out on the balcony with our friends in the evenings.

Most have said that while stupid expensive for a bottle delivered to your room, it works out cheaper in the long run than buying single drinks from the bar.

Fireball is $6.25 a shot. I'm assuming they're 1 1/2 oz shots. You can do the math, 750mm(appx 25oz) a liter(appx 34oz). I do not know the size of the bottles they sell however it's $90 for a bottle plus what ever taxes and the $13.50 delivery fee. For myself I go with the Cheers program Good luck and have a great cruise.

As someone that can't imagine drinking 15 drinks in one day let alone an entire 7-day cruise. I think ordering a bottle (though expensive it may be) is a better choice for the "occasional" drinker.

I have cruised 30 times and have yet to drink more than 1 alcoholic drink a day... and sometimes it is one or two the whole cruise. I don't buy a bottle (though I have considered it once or twice) because I don't think that even splitting it with my husband we would finish it. If we drank a little bit more that would be the way I would go.

You can buy Fireball in boxes too. Like wine. At least in Minnesota. Lol. We bring a 750 fishing each year and one of our buddies drinks half of it. The rest of us choke it down. No offense. I would think buying the bottle in room would be more convenient even if a little more expensive than individual shots. But should be cheaper. You can buy red solo cups in shot glass size too. We do that on our fishing trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One drawback of the "in your room" bottles is that it keeps you in your room. Going out on the ship, stopping at the bar, ordering a drink with a proper napkin and slice of lime/lemon etc. might open up some opportunities to enjoy your cruise better.

I think there is a slight savings even if it comes in a 750ml bottle. Now we just have to decide whether the 4 of us would actually do that many shots during the week. I think the last cruise, we only had one the night before the cruise (our friends' first introduction to the stuff) and one during the cruise. So, if we don't plan on doing more than that, there's no reason to have a bottle. I just keep thinking it might be a nice nightcap. And yes, there is an inside story that caused us to label our Princess cruise the Fireball cruise.

As someone that can't imagine drinking 15 drinks in one day let alone an entire 7-day cruise. I think ordering a bottle (though expensive it may be) is a better choice for the "occasional" drinker.

I have cruised 30 times and have yet to drink more than 1 alcoholic drink a day... and sometimes it is one or two the whole cruise. I don't buy a bottle (though I have considered it once or twice) because I don't think that even splitting it with my husband we would finish it. If we drank a little bit more that would be the way I would go.

Congrats I guess.:confused:

Trying to determine if it is better to order a bottle of fireball for the cabin or just buy shots from the bar.

Here's my dilemma - Carnival's website doesn't state the volume of the bottle for the cabin.

I also don't know how large the shots are at the bar - 1 ounce, 2 ounces?

And third, I don't know what the current cost is for a shot of fireball. I thought we paid $6 for them on Princess, but even that is not recent & may have no relevance anyway, since it's not Carnival.

Does anyone out there know any of the answers?

1L bottles....1.5oz for a shot at the bar means the bottle has roughly 22 standard sized shots. That number of shots at the bar would be $158 with gratuity