Le Meridien

aquidneck1

Hello, I am interested in thoughts about the Meridien in Tahiti. We are planning on staying there for 2 nights before and 2 nights after our cruise next year.

We have stayed in Moorea at the Hilton and loved it as well as at the IC and enjoyed it.

I am feeling lazy and also want to save some money - Le Meridien has a great senior rate.

Has anyone been there recently - any thoughts or recommendations? We like the idea that we can walk to some small cafe's and restaurants. Will probably do a 1 day tour of the island since we have not in the past.

Wendy - I know that you have enjoyed it in the past.

Thanks for any help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I did over the water. No place from room to get into ocean, balcony furniture in 2017 needed to be replaced. Room was very dark and bathroom worse. Two restaurants .inate all my meals at the one overlooking the water.

The IC over water rooms looked better. The pool area did too.

I rather stay in Moorea if a third time there,

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed in a regular room at the Le Meridien but it's been a few years. The room was fine (nothing special though) but the sunset views were great. I stayed there 3 nights before a Paul Gaugin cruise and would do the same again to adjust to the time difference. I also had a day room at the Intercontinental on the return home and I didn't think the IC rooms were special either.

I would not stay in the overwater bungalows at the Le Meridien as they're overpriced and the beach there is not the greatest, but the resort has a fantastic pool. The hotel is near (walking distance) a restaurant a grocery store.