Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
jasoneats

Dining reservations on long itineraries

Will it be easier to get into the Specialty Dining venues on a longer itinerary? On our last two cruises, we found it very difficult to get a reservation in a specialty restaurant once we had boarded. I know, I know...I can make these reservations long before we leave. We are not big on structuring things in that way and like to go with the flow. We were stuck with either 5:30 or 9:00 slots for our two Platinum perk dinners as well as the other nights we chose to eat in Cagneys and Le Bistro.

Our next cruise is a 19 day TA on the Getaway. Can anyone chime in on their recent experience on this class of ship on a longer sailing? My thinking is this: Even if everyone picks the Dining Package (4 meals) as their perk, plus the majority of those have their Platinum perk (2 meals), that still means only 6 nights out of 19. Might it be true that there are more slots open at prime times on such a long sailing? I would love to hear people's thoughts on this. :confused:

Yes....as you already know your number of nights on board will be much greater than the normal cruise and the majority of patrons will be those using the free perk. So they have a limited number of meals they can use spread out over the 19 nights.