Uber or carnival shuttle?

Skyler0392

I fly into Miami in June. Is it better to take the carnival shuttle or an uber? I think the uber might be a little more expensive, but I was thinking the convenience might be worth it. Thoughts?
Uber or Lyft is your better choice. With the Carnival shuttle you have to wait until it fills up and in the end the convienence factor is worth it with the other two choices.

I'd go Uber hands down.

If you have 4 people with luggage:

Carnival shuttle: $67.96

UberXL: $35-45

If you have 3 people with luggage:

Carnival shuttle: $50.97

UberXL: $35-$45

If you have 2 people with luggage:

Carnival shuttle: $33.98

UberX: $20-$26

If it's just you with luggage:

Carnival shuttle: $16.99

UberX: $20-$26

Uber or Lyft is better, or even a taxi. Taxis have a set fare to and from the airport in Miami. Carnival's shuttles are on a big bus and you have to deal with a lot of other passengers and their luggage too... and when you get to the port they don't let you get off the bus until they have gotten everyone's luggage set out and then everyone gets off... really a pain

No I haven't, I just heard on the news that there are surprise up charges or something during busy hours at times.
Both can have price surges, for example like right after a NFL game if you are picked up near the stadium. But both will give you the price and surcharge up front before ordering.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forums mobile app

I've never used lyft/uber but my friend drives for them. Does the rides to the ports ever get those higher upcharges you don't find out about until you get there?

Yes, of course the price varies according to supply and demand. If you travel during local rush hour, you would expect to pay more than if you travel at, say, noon.

But, the price is shown up front. In the unlikely event it's higher than the flat rate the taxis charge, get a cab if you can.

Anything but the Carnival shuttle.

AGREED! We did the Carnival Shuttle from Miami in August and it was horrible as we stopped and waited for everyone else. We had an early flight but it took us so stinking long to get to the ship!!!

I just booked our next cruise for next year out of Miami and yes I made a note to myself in my planning documents to definitely take Uber this time!!!