Happy hour on Princess ships

mickrory

I assume that I will be flamed for this. However, I have said and posted this for years on this site.

The Happy Hour Elite Lounge where they offer the drink for $6.99 or whatever it is now, is not a very good perk. Some ships will only offer the drink of that evening, nothing else. The food is ???

The Happy Hour in the evening whatever time that is where you may get the same drink BOGO for $1, is late in the evening. many people have said they didn't even know that existed.

Why not stop the in-cabin bar setup and really provide an Elite Happy Hour like RCI or Celebrity does? There is a dedicate Lounge where drinks are free from 5 -7 on Celebrity (Elite and above) and 5 -8:30 on RCI (Diamond and above.) They both offer food, too.

On RCI in addition to the 5 -8:30 lounge drinks, RCI puts 3 extra drinks on your Cruise Card that you may be used during that time in any bar. This allows you to enjoy a drink in a bar with your friends who may not be Elite.

RCI also has the Diamond Lounge that is open 24/7 where you may enjoy a quiet setting with breakfast from 8 - 10, coffee and cappo 24 hours, and food during the 5 -8:30 hours at night. The food is normally chicken, wings, shrimp, meatballs, cheeses, fruit, and very plentiful. Not just one thing each night.

Again, this is my suggestion. Many will not agree. But, please don't tell me to cruise them instead of Princess. I do all cruise lines. Each one has its + and -. Happy Cruising!!!!!

I 2nd this it is more like what various hotels offer their Elite customers.

My friend is currently on the Regal and will be for the next 26 days. She is sitting at Crooners and Jason is bartending again! I asked about happy hours and she just texted back that there are no happy hours on the Regal.

She has free internet so if that changes, I’ll let you know.

That's disappointing. I wonder why they aren't offering Happy Hours? This new(ish) cruiser to Princess is not a Happy Bunny ;p

<<That's disappointing. I wonder why they aren't offering Happy Hours? This new(ish) cruiser to Princess is not a Happy Bunny ;p >>

Another newish cruiser also disappointed,chose Princess because we enjoyed happy hours on last cruise,other lines doing same itinerary.

Not much we can do just grin and bear it or not drink as much

Cheers Carole

I 2nd this it is more like what various hotels offer their Elite customers.

Thank you for your agree! This should be done on Princess to eliminate the HH that is sort of hidden in the Patter when it is offered. Many people never know when or where it is and if it is even offered.

I have mentioned this for years. But change is never accepted easily.

Happy Cruising!!

If BOGO is gone from Happy Hour, who is happy during Happy Hour?

Princess Cruise Lines because they figure they'll make more money?

The bartenders who will probably see a decrease in tips?

Certainly not the customers who bear the expenses.

DUMB DECISION, PRINCESS!!!!!

I assume that I will be flamed for this. However, I have said and posted this for years on this site.

The Happy Hour Elite Lounge where they offer the drink for $6.99 or whatever it is now, is not a very good perk. Some ships will only offer the drink of that evening, nothing else. The food is ???

The Happy Hour in the evening whatever time that is where you may get the same drink BOGO for $1, is late in the evening. many people have said they didn't even know that existed.

Why not stop the in-cabin bar setup and really provide an Elite Happy Hour like RCI or Celebrity does? There is a dedicate Lounge where drinks are free from 5 -7 on Celebrity (Elite and above) and 5 -8:30 on RCI (Diamond and above.) They both offer food, too.

On RCI in addition to the 5 -8:30 lounge drinks, RCI puts 3 extra drinks on your Cruise Card that you may be used during that time in any bar. This allows you to enjoy a drink in a bar with your friends who may not be Elite.

RCI also has the Diamond Lounge that is open 24/7 where you may enjoy a quiet setting with breakfast from 8 - 10, coffee and cappo 24 hours, and food during the 5 -8:30 hours at night. The food is normally chicken, wings, shrimp, meatballs, cheeses, fruit, and very plentiful. Not just one thing each night.

Again, this is my suggestion. Many will not agree. But, please don't tell me to cruise them instead of Princess. I do all cruise lines. Each one has its + and -. Happy Cruising!!!!!

You won't be "flamed" by me. I happen to agree that there are better loyalty perks on RCI than Princess. I would love to see Princess try these ideas, however, they will need to address the current loyalty level requirements. Seems like half the ship is at or close to Elite level. Can you imagine having Club 6 on the Royal class ships open to the RCI type offerings? You couldn't get into the room! Let's fix both the level requirements and the loyalty perks and do it now.

We just got off of Regal and also were on this past New Year's Eve ... no BOGO HH either time. Definitely disappointing!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Heading for the Regal in a few days. If no Happy Hour then we stay quite "happy" by drinking a lot less alcohol :). I guess Princess has determined that they do not care about maximizing drink purchases. They seem to be dedicated to selling their ridiculously priced drink package which a majority of cruisers avoid.

Hank

Heading for the Regal in a few days. If no Happy Hour then we stay quite "happy" by drinking a lot less alcohol :). I guess Princess has determined that they do not care about maximizing drink purchases. They seem to be dedicated to selling their ridiculously priced drink package which a majority of cruisers avoid.

Hank

I agree Hank. The upside is that my bill at the end of the cruise is a lot lower!

Pat

Hank

Give me a break. If the happy hour was such a money-maker, they'd reinstitute it in a heartbeat. I'd bet that they found that with the happy hours, drink purchases were concentrated in those couple of hours. With some folks waiting to buy drinks only then, drink sales would suffer outside of the happy hours. So inventory would be reduced more quickly and at less of a profit. With no happy hour, drink purchases are spread throughout the day, at full price. As someone here says frequently, follow the money.

This is why Princess looses many c drinking pax to RCCL lines . :)

Don’t know when the last time you been on RCCL or Celebrity but the prices are much higher than

Princess . So not sure those pax are making a good money saving decision lol

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just off the Caribbean Princess and no BOGO. The "drink of the day" was offered at a reduced price, but I didn't purchase any of those and I certainly bought less drinks overall than I use to. Maybe the answer is to drink ashore.