How much is it worth to bid for a Haven from a balcony

Shynook11

I am not asking how much anyone bids with their personal upgrades, but I am wondering how much more than your original price you feel is the limit to move from a balcony to either an H6/H7 Forward/Aft suite. I don't want to get caught up in the overbidding and won't die if we don't get it, but I don't want to be super low either. I am trying to decide how much it is worth if we bid 500-750-1K more pp for either of those categories. Family of 4....kids 11&14 Escape/Bermuda. I have seen YT videos with some questionable forward tiny configured balconies and no view porthole bedrooms. Not sure the % of Havens with these somewhat obstructed views and issues with noise. I would assume we would love it regardless, since we never do anything fancier than a balcony cabin...but don't want to waste money if it's not worth it. June 10 sailing Upggade email is 2500 for both forward and aft is the highest on the sliding scale. Certainly won't go that high!

Edited by Shynook11

I have seen YT videos with some questionable forward tiny configured balconies and no view porthole bedrooms. Not sure the % of Havens with these somewhat obstructed views and issues with noise.

There are only 2 H7 staterooms per ship that have the partially enclosed balcony. They are the ones directly under the bridge (either deck 13 or deck 14, depending on which BA/BA Plus ship).

It is worth whatever the experience of sailing in the Haven is worth to you.

The only "ceiling" is the difference between the current sales price for the cabin you're bidding on and the total of original fare + upgrade that you're bidding. In other words, don't end up paying more in total for the fare + upgrade than you would if you just called reservations and paid cash to upgrade.

Some people find the Haven experience to be worth tens of thousands of dollars - they pay list price.

Some people find the Have experience to be worth less than the list price. Bid whatever its worth to you. If you get it, you get it. If you don't then you've not overpaid.

My son and daughter in law a two kids were in a mini suit and bid $750 per person. They got it for $1500 total, kids were free to upgrade. They got the H6 aft penthouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OOOOHHHH soweet!!!

No change as far as number of rooms. 7 H6 and 1 H7 - 13106. I'd have to look at pics of 13106 to see config.

13106 going for $4299 pp first two guests so that should give idea of what not to bid over. I'd have to look but seems that price has gone up at least $500 pp from initial prices at a minimum.

We got the 3rd 4th free on our 6/10 sailing so I am taking that into consideration as we didn't pay too much for our initial cruise fare. I would think this cruise would be pretty well booked and upgrades at a premium price. I would also think some of the lower bids that were accepted were on not peak sailings. Maybe I am wrong, but Bermuda in June seems like a popular cruise.