Triumph - Pool repairs done?

Dawgfan

I read in another string that when the Triumph came out of drydock that the pools has rust in them and they were still being worked on while the ship was underway. Anyone been on the Triumph lately that can comment on the pools?

I know that is where my daughter is going to live at! :D

Also someone please educate me to what the DD, DS, DH, etc. mean.

The pools were not cleaned during dry dock. The tile did have rust in the grout areas. Not a big deal. they were working and welding during the day on the steps and railings around the pool area. They were also sanding the floors around the pool area. It was annoying but not a huge deal.:rolleyes:

Pools were open every day Dec 3-10 while we were on board. Closed for a few hours here and there due to high seas. Hot tubs were also great! There are 5 of them on board!! (two on Lido center, two adult pool area and one in the gym area. NICE!!

Slide did not open for our first 3-4 days on the ship..the seas were a little rough (eastern)the first couple of days and we couldnt figure out why it wasn't open the following 2 days when the seas were very good to us. Always could see a couple CCL employees from Lido acting like they were working on it???

On the first sailing out of drydock on Nov 12, the critics are saying the slide was closed pretty much all week..as were the pools some of the time....

Love the ship...even more than the Conquest....and I am surprised I can even say that!

Staff is phenomenal!! Food was great

I was on the 11/12 cruise - and the pools were indeed closed most of the time. I was cruising with a group of 60 some people and one of the pools was leaking which caused a bit of water damage to one of the rooms directly below (which happened to be one of the folks from our group).

I don't remember there being a problem with the water slide, but then again I did not partake so perhaps I have a distorted opinion.

On the bright side, the hot tubs were open most of the time!!!

Hope you have a great trip!

Also someone please educate me to what the DD, DS, DH, etc. mean.

That is one of the first questions that I asked too when joining the boards!!! :) Sometimes you'll see BF - there was a confusing post on here one time, people were unsure from one paragraph to the next if it was the BoyFriend or the BestFriend being talked about!!

(Thanks Irskill - I hadn't thought of DH being Da**Husband before!! That's a good one!!!! ;) Especially given my night tonight!!! errr!! LOL)

Archived