EPIC Spring Break Cruise-March 31st

ShannonSC2

Here is my review of the EPIC this past week. This was my 2nd cruise on the EPIC. We went with a group of friends (14 all together). We have cruised several times during spring break and I will say that this spring break seemed a lot better than most. Yes it was crowded but that is to be expected.

We had two mini suites. I will say I was very impressed with the mini suites. Pictures to come later.

We are on the silver level and so close to the next level but need another cruise which won't be hard to do.

I will post pictures later after I figure out how. :)

When we arrived the line was very long. I had never seen the line so long. Of course we were scheduled for the 1:30 and it was 12:30. It was 1:15 when we got on the ship so I would say we timed it perfect. (My husband's time was at 1 so that makes up for the boarding early). Parking at Port Canaveral isn't bad at all. Actually a lot of parking spaces so we parked outside the parking garage which made for an easy walking with luggage. We had Krispy Kreme doughnuts left over so we gave them to the porters taking our luggage. I mean they couldn't go to waste in the car! :) We have never been out of Port Canaveral before so I am not sure if the long line is normal. 2 other ships were in port (Disney and Carnival). Once we got through security, the line seemed to go by quickly. We checked in and off we went to the ship.

The camera guy wasn't there to take pictures so no one was begging us for pictures and had a camera stuck in our faces. He did come out once we walked by and we did grab a quick picture. :)

Got on the ship with our washy, washy person spraying our hands. I love that they do this but I had to only get one hand done since I had stuff in the other hand. It is like juggling stuff around to get washy, washy!

Rooms weren't opened yet so we went to the pool deck near Garden cafe for lunch and of course a drink. The last time I cruised out of Miami I had to sign for each drink and they reminded me of a tax. I didn't sign anything so I am wondering if it was a Miami thing. I always thought is was Uncle Sam trying to get his tax. We waited on our other friends to arrive and we all had lunch together. Another group with us was one of the last ones on the ship.

Muster drill was the same. We were in the Manhattan Room and everyone talked the whole time. When on the Getaway you weren't allowed to talk as they kept calling you out and wouldn't do the drill until everyone "shut up". But no one paid attention.

After the drill we were all dismissed. Don't try the elevators as everyone was on them. We walked the steps to the 15th floor for the sail away party. It seemed a lot of people didn't come to the sail away party. It was crowded but nothing like the 80's party!

We went back to the room to find our luggage had been delivered. I am amazing at how fast they can deliver that luggage. Now we did have one piece of luggage that wasn't ours but we returned it to our room attendant. Speaking of room attendants we had Francesico (?). I like to get to know our room attendants but he wasn't a man of many words. Just the normal good morning or good evening.

Dinner on this night was at Taste. We walked right up and was seated quickly. There were 8 of us. I will say the service was amazing. I can't remember what I had this night (I need to start writing this stuff down). I guess the most important thing was that I had cheesecake and it was delicious! But I love any type of cheesecake. My husband wasn't very pleased with his meal though but some people had the steak and it was perfect.

We turned in pretty early this night. As we were getting ready to for bed we had a delivery of chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of champagne delivered to the cabin.

I will see if I can post any pictures before moving to the next day.

Looking forward to hearing all about your trip, and seeing pictures! :) It always irritates me when people talk during the muster drills, same thing when the flight attendant gives her/his safety speech. I too am glad NCL does inside muster drill. One of the most miserable ones we endured was on Disney many years ago with two children, hot weather and life jackets. I remember it like it was yesterday, lol.

Looking forward to hearing all about your trip, and seeing pictures! :) It always irritates me when people talk during the muster drills, same thing when the flight attendant gives her/his safety speech. I too am glad NCL does inside muster drill. One of the most miserable ones we endured was on Disney many years ago with two children, hot weather and life jackets. I remember it like it was yesterday, lol.

I am not sure all NCL cruises do inside drills. I was on the NCL Sun in Alaska and our muster drill was outside. We were right under the speaker too. That emergency sound can get a little loud. :) I know the Getaway is inside. I am not sure about the others.

Yes it is annoying when people talk during the drills. I was also surprised how many people had their drinks as I always remembered having to leave drinks outside.

Back to day one. I remembered what I had for dinner. :)

I had the clam chowder and beef sliders. I will say the beef sliders were very good.

My husband had the beef lasagna and he wasn't too thrilled with it.