Cruise Critic Community
moorerf

Signature experience change-Venice

We are a bit less than 3 weeks from departure (April 30) for our Adriatic Dream cruise on Oosterdam with our booking of Neptune suite we got the pre Venice Signature experience. We were told our hotel a while back (Hotel Papadopoli) but told no breakfast included. Today my HAL rep sent info saying our hotel does now include buffet breakfast and our experience will be to Palazzo Nani Bernardo on Sunday with motorlaunch transfer, drinks, heavy appetizers, venetian music and a member of countess family to greet us. It also gives a dress recommendation and says not suited for those with limited mobility. Also a note-- it does say buffet breakfast is included with all signature experiences. I thought I would share this with those booked for this or other experiences. I also know from my HAL rep that other hotels are being used for other Venice experiences based on availability, I am pleased with ours and its excellent location.

We have a signature experience in Venice for our 8/28 cruise. How far in advance did they let you know what hotel you were staying in? We have friends going that don't have the signature experience but want to stay in the same hotel as us. I have asked our PCC to let us know as soon as he knows.

We have a signature experience in Venice for our 8/28 cruise. How far in advance did they let you know what hotel you were staying in? We have friends going that don't have the signature experience but want to stay in the same hotel as us. I have asked our PCC to let us know as soon as he knows.

We are going on 9/21 for the Venice signature experience. About a week ago logged onto my account and checked the itinerary and the name of the hotel was listed. Give it a try. Have a great trip.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are a bit less than 3 weeks from departure (April 30) for our Adriatic Dream cruise on Oosterdam with our booking of Neptune suite we got the pre Venice Signature experience. We were told our hotel a while back (Hotel Papadopoli) but told no breakfast included. Today my HAL rep sent info saying our hotel does now include buffet breakfast and our experience will be to Palazzo Nani Bernardo on Sunday with motorlaunch transfer, drinks, heavy appetizers, venetian music and a member of countess family to greet us. It also gives a dress recommendation and says not suited for those with limited mobility. Also a note-- it does say buffet breakfast is included with all signature experiences. I thought I would share this with those booked for this or other experiences. I also know from my HAL rep that other hotels are being used for other Venice experiences based on availability, I am pleased with ours and its excellent location.

we are back from a wonderful cruise on the Oosterdam and an update on the signature experience. We arrived in Venice about 945, met in baggage claim by HAL rep, directed to 3 ladies one of which took us to the new airport boat dock.( a long walk but had moving sidewalks) We waited about 20 minutes then had a private water taxi boat to our hotel. Hotel Papadopoli was lovely, in a great location and upscale. Our only complaint was we were told around 1130 our room would be ready at 2 p.m. We took a stroll and had lunch only to return at 2 to be told not ready but after some discussion with the onsite HAL rep we were in our room by 220. The room was small but adequate, lovely shower, nice amenities and quiet. We even got strawberries and prosecco later in the day from management. The breakfast was delicious and had many choices. It was a buffet. The experience on day 2 was wonderful. We went by water taxi with 8 others to the doge palace. Here we had drinks, heavy appetizers, desserts, entertainment by a 3 man venetian band, a talk by a member of the family who owned the home and freedom to walk about many parts of the palace. We were there about 2 and half hours then taken back by water taxi to the hotel. We had to have our luggage out by 8 am the next morning and it was taken and we saw it again in our stateroom around 3 pm. We had to check out at 10 am but the transfer was not til 11. After a stroll we caught yet another water taxi with 10 others to the cruise terminal. It was a bit of a walk here to the actual check in area. (some were struggling so a shuttle bus might have been good for the older people) We were in and out of the terminal and on the ship in about 20 minutes. Our Neptune suite on the aft of ship was wonderful. I cant say enough about how lovely this addition to our trip was. HAL made everything top level and had people at each step to be sure you were treated well and knew what to do.

Question: what does one wear to the palace for the Venice Signature Experience?

A tiara and sash. Seriously, I am going to wear slacks and a blouse. My husband slacks and a collared shirt. Nothing on their website mentions a dress code (palazzo Nani Bernardo).

Sent from my iPad using Forums