Help needed. I have not sailed NCL in a long time..

sassy~one

What is this? Thanks so much.

Free at sea..and distinctive voyages? It's besides the cruise i'm looking at.

Also is room service free?

Tips are they mandatory?

thanks.

Free at see offers you a choice between 1 and 4 perks depending on the cabin type. Choice of 1. Free beverage plan (must pay 17.80 per day gratuity), 2. Specialty dining 3 meal plan (must pay gratuity (about $14)) 3. Shore excursion promo $50 per port (must use or lose), 4 250 internet minutes. Room service is a $7.95 charge per use, except coffee, fruit and pastry continental breakfast, which is no charge.

What is this?

I don't know, what is it?

Free at sea..and distinctive voyages?

Free at sea are, sort of, free things you can choose based on the cruise and cabin you select. Some items do have a gratuity charge, like the unlimited beverage package. Distinctive Voyage is another promotion for select sailings that gives you other freebies, again, sort of.

If you book a suite, yes. Otherwise no. I think it is around $8 per order.

Tips are they mandatory?

Trick question. The Daily Service Charge is basically tips for the crew, it is mandatory, unless you opt out while on board.

Folks it's not that bad. I got a lot of free stuff. I didn't mind paying for gratuities on the drink and dinner packages. Plus with DSC you have to give the crew something!

Actually they are referring to the number of things that you have to pay for on board. Many people have this nostalgic memory of a time when cruise ships were all inclusive and everything was free. Although I can remember having to pay extra for skeet shooting on my first cruise back in the early 80's.

As the cruise ships have added more and more things to do on board, they have also added prices to those things. The more you expect the ship to be a Disneyland, the more you will pay for it to be like a Disneyland.

Choice of 1. Free beverage plan (must pay 17.80 per day gratuity)

We had a free drink package on Celebrity a couple years ago, matched with free tips. I pretty much just used it for a cup of coffee or tea, and a glass of wine during dinner. Makes this "free" package, not such a benefit for light drinkers.

What is this? Thanks so much.

Free at sea..and distinctive voyages? It's besides the cruise i'm looking at.

Tips are they mandatory?

thanks.

Room service is not free except cont breakfast in the morning.

tips are pretty much mandatory like most lines anymore. You can get them removed but it is a pain in the neck and there is absolutely no reason to even think about not paying them. And yes, I know many say they want to tips in person. Well my feeling has always been, most of them have no intentions of tipping or certainly not the same amount as the mandatory amount.

You will be nickled and dimed to death.

I don't think that was the question and I don' think this is any more true on one line over the other unless you are talking luxury line versus mass marketed line. If you are the price for luxury line is double or more what we pay for mass marketed sailings. :rolleyes: