Jewel returns to Dubai

After much speculation following the cancelation of her TA in Nov 2019; she leaves Civitavecchia 11/30/19 via the Suez arriving in Dubai 12/16/2019.

I wonder if she is doing a season or just passing through.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After much speculation following the cancelation of her TA in Nov 2019; she leaves Civitavecchia 11/30/19 via the Suez arriving in Dubai 12/16/2019.

I wonder if she is doing a season or just passing through.

Is this cruise for sale yet? Was kinda hoping it would be an earlier sailing to Dubai. Will be interesting to see if it is going to do a season there

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Dubai sailings have just opened up for booking. It wouldn't let me book online but I could ring up and was able to make the booking. Managed to book cabin 9256 on the return Dubai to Rome sailing :D Happy Days :D

Dubai sailings have just opened up for booking. It wouldn't let me book online but I could ring up and was able to make the booking.

Just managed to book the Christmas 2019 cruise online. It's great to have a ship back in the Gulf!

I notice the weekly Jewel Dubai cruises stay over night on the last evening back in Dubai.

Anybody have any experience leaving the ship that day and missing the last night in port.

If we could do this we could then fly back on the Sunday instead of the Monday which would make it easier with work.

Thanks

I notice the weekly Jewel Dubai cruises stay over night on the last evening back in Dubai.

Anybody have any experience leaving the ship that day and missing the last night in port.

If we could do this we could then fly back on the Sunday instead of the Monday which would make it easier with work.

Thanks

We did this in 2012. You have to let Guest Services know early in the cruise to make sure you can get your passport back early to get off, but it wasn't an issue. It worked better for us as most of our flights were midnight - 2am, so we had the ship all day then after dinner headed to the airport instead of having to find a place to store luggage and stay up all day with a super late flight.

Thanks

Our Dubai cruise spent the last night in port, there were many people getting off early.

Dubai sailings have just opened up for booking. It wouldn't let me book online but I could ring up and was able to make the booking. Managed to book cabin 9256 on the return Dubai to Rome sailing :D Happy Days :D

FYI, I will be posting some pics from that cabin after next week's final Southern Caribbean cruise. My review will probably start May 7th.

FYI, I will be posting some pics from that cabin after next week's final Southern Caribbean cruise. My review will probably start May 7th.

Excellent, count me in to follow your review. It will be good to show DH the room as I just went and booked it without him knowing what type of room it is :D Luckily he trusts my judgement.

Enjoy your cruise

Pam

We did this in 2012. You have to let Guest Services know early in the cruise to make sure you can get your passport back early to get off, but it wasn't an issue. It worked better for us as most of our flights were midnight - 2am, so we had the ship all day then after dinner headed to the airport instead of having to find a place to store luggage and stay up all day with a super late flight.

Thanks for this and also the reply from voyager70, thats really useful to know.

• 2 weeks later...
Excellent, count me in to follow your review. It will be good to show DH the room as I just went and booked it without him knowing what type of room it is :D Luckily he trusts my judgement.

Enjoy your cruise

Pam

We’ve got 9256 for Alaska next month and again on Jewel next June!

We’ve got 9256 for Alaska next month and again on Jewel next June!

Lucky you, we have never been on the Jewel so really looking forward to it. Only another 22 months to wait :D