LIVE!!!!! From the REFLECTION TRANSATLANTIC - CHICAGOPAUL -

chicagopaul

So I need to apologize that I didn’t remember to take dinner photos until after I ate with the exception of dessert! Last night we ate at Lawn Club. We both had the filet. Edward had a couple skewers of shrimp and scallops and I had the tandoori chicken along the filet. We both had Mac n cheese and I had the creamed corn as well.

Service was a bit slow but they were fully booked so I’ll give them a break. The food was great. I ordered my steak medium rare and I thought it was slightly closer to medium but not a massive difference. Dessert was the famous chocolate chip cookie and ice cream which was perfect as always. We plan to go there tonight again for dinner so hopefully timing improves a bit. Overall it was a great meal and even though service was a bit slow the wait staff was extremely friendly.

717ed80fb2ed30f837511ffce597d801.jpg

3f1c00485feb8804bd5a0990b6703555.jpg

1805b2050076bdf09ade477140406c0c.jpg

After dinner we hit the martini bar again. I think we already know the entire staff there. We then went to go to sunset bar around 11:30 but they were already closed. First night on the TA I guess you can’t expect places to be busy. We ended up in sky lounge which was also dead, but the bartenders were very accommodating and we never felt like they were trying to push us out so they could go to bed. Kudos to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many minutes or data limits are included in that package? Are internet speeds decent? Thanks - have a nice cruise. My in-laws are on the boat with you!

We purchased the internet package for 2 devices. In total, including our 35% Elite Plus discount the cost was $311. Not bad for 14 days. This is total for 2 devices on at any given time. You can always switch which you are using (phone, iPad, laptop).

We’ve already made friends at the pool bar and it’s looking like a great group. Now we’re off to make reservations for dinner tonight at Lawn Club.

How many minutes or data limits are included in that package? Are internet speeds decent? Thanks - have a nice cruise. My in-laws are on the boat with you!

Unlimited for data and minutes for our package. The speeds have been decent. There is a bit of lag when watching videos on social media but basic email checking, messaging, uploading photos, and uploading short videos (20/30 seconds or less) has been no issue.

Enjoying following along with you as we join Reflection in September...Quick question - Have they discontinued the regular Qsine menu and turned into Le Petit Chef every night?...hope not!

Hope you have a great time! ☺️

During Lunch time onboard the Eclipse 03/18/18, one day at sea the menu was a taste of the Specialties

I’m happy to read that things have gone well thus far. Captain Kafetzis is quite entertaining. We enjoyed his dry humor.

Love the penguin, and the note lol. Johnny has a great sense of humor. I do believe your penguin wants to check out both the Sunset Bar and the Martini Bar;p. In fact, DH and I want to be in the Sunset Bar too, but we must wait a few months. Have a couple for us, OK? Cheers, Michelle

Being a TA normally drink packages aren’t offered as a perk.

I seen that you purchased a drink pack as a add on. Since you are Elite Plus did you receive the 10% discount?

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Cheers everyone from the pool bar! Embarkation was fantastic. No line and because of Elite Plus we were able to board right away (about 11:10am). Very smooth process. The suite line was longer than the regular line!

021dea7afd8396e4b301eefd3f198cdc.jpg

2905271c0d6e3b98ac8f87bf1ee890c5.jpg

Stay tuned for a room tour and I’ll keep everyone posted if I see any of our regular bartenders.

Paul - I don't know if you noticed but your seapass says "April 27, 2018".

The seapasses in the past have always listed the boarding day so was that date a mistake or are they giving you a second cruise? :D

Also, in another post you said "30% off on boarding day" --- 30% off what?

Have a great cruise and thanks for posting so all of the landlocked can follow along vicariously.

Paul - I don't know if you noticed but your seapass says "April 27, 2018".

The seapasses in the past have always listed the boarding day so was that date a mistake or are they giving you a second cruise? :D

Also, in another post you said "30% off on boarding day" --- 30% off what?

Have a great cruise and thanks for posting so all of the landlocked can follow along vicariously.

Wow I didn’t even notice the date! I suppose they’re doing the reverse and now posting the debarkation day. I think I remember discussing this on our last cruise when they started doing it but completely forgot.

30% off the first day was for specialty dining. Here is what we received in our cabin.

492afb8bcc73fd9dee4e128d5d588888.jpg

Being a TA normally drink packages aren’t offered as a perk.

I seen that you purchased a drink pack as a add on. Since you are Elite Plus did you receive the 10% discount?

Happy cruising [emoji305][emoji568][emoji631][emoji560]

They were running a promotion if you booked in advance you would get 20% off drink packages and dining packages regardless of status so we took advantage of that.

I’m happy to read that things have gone well thus far. Captain Kafetzis is quite entertaining. We enjoyed his dry humor.

Love the penguin, and the note lol. Johnny has a great sense of humor. I do believe your penguin wants to check out both the Sunset Bar and the Martini Bar;p. In fact, DH and I want to be in the Sunset Bar too, but we must wait a few months. Have a couple for us, OK? Cheers, Michelle

We will have plenty of drinks for you!! Haha. Maybe we will bring the penguin to the Martini Bar and snap a few pics. I’m sure he’d enjoy the ice!

Wow I didn’t even notice the date! I suppose they’re doing the reverse and now posting the debarkation day. I think I remember discussing this on our last cruise when they started doing it but completely forgot.

30% off the first day was for specialty dining. Here is what we received in our cabin.

492afb8bcc73fd9dee4e128d5d588888.jpg

I just checked our cards from our Eclipse B2B this last February and both cruises have the embarkation day.

Weird!

I’m not sure if it’s every night or not. I know they are testing the new menu but I believe it is only a certain date. We will be checking it out and I’ll report back.

We just got off Reflection on the 13. The former Quzine is no more it was La Petite Chef very night. And don't pay full price for any specialty dining. everyday near the ocean view they offered 50% off most venues. They will always say last chance, but the next morning the chance came again and again..:)

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Yesterday we went to Lawn Club for both lunch and dinner. We figured we should enjoy it while the weather is great.

The burgers yesterday in Lawn Club were excellent. Much better than I’ve had before at Lawn Club. The onion strings and chips also seem to have been improved and were cooked very well. The cost was $15pp so a little steep for just burgers when everything else is free but we enjoyed it. The bloody Mary’s on the menu must be paid for even if you have the drink package.

08e7d18a1da877f39e94e873af55d4f0.jpg

80bc82a7668a5f202a431f51ac5c8c81.jpg

d4d7d1e2847feebc1bc1b017f4b7e812.jpg

ae41cc9632a4b1aaf4b7df5c54121200.jpg

After lunch we went to sunset bar for a drink. Arya and Ruel are currently working that bar and have been excellent. We’ve cruised with both before. It was a bit windy on the top deck yesterday. Actually very windy on the top deck but sunset bar wasn’t too bad, the wind was blocked very well.

Then we took a good 2/2.5 hour nap which was very much needed!

Before dinner we went to the....can you guess....? Martini Bar of course! They’re already at a point to where they are getting seats for us. They’ve been incredible. So we had our martinis and then another and then finally Lawn Club.

Lawn Club was great as usual. Edward had the dry aged strip and I had the lamb. It was pretty crowded but service was excellent today and very quick. Great improvement from the first night.

73e59862329b0267f686cdb2e6256ed1.jpg

cdd7a8697fdfa32ea28e7d67f19a4b62.jpg

18d3b9e973cf8d0d130fa22d7a969159.jpg

23f28ca7647f57f8aa7c9e96e212d54f.jpg

030054e9cb45e05b244f77deb0428f7f.jpg

445e24c824e2da5cffc2d09417a7458c.jpg

So above you’re looking at sausage and peppers flatbread, salad, lamb chops, and blueberry cobbler.

quote=chicagopaul;55840865]Before dinner we went to the....can you guess....? Martini Bar of course! They’re already at a point to where they are getting seats for us. They’ve been incredible. So we had our martinis and then another and then finally Lawn Club.

How do they get seats for you?

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

quote=chicagopaul;55840865]Before dinner we went to the....can you guess....? Martini Bar of course! They’re already at a point to where they are getting seats for us. They’ve been incredible. So we had our martinis and then another and then finally Lawn Club.

How do they get seats for you?

Happy cruising [emoji305][emoji568][emoji631][emoji560]

Yesterday we got to the bar and it was crowded. We stood by the end of the bar and ordered drinks. As they were making them a couple seats opened across the bar so the bartenders put water glasses out right away to save the seats and poured the martinis and put them there. The first night we were standing with drinks and a couple seats opened up. The bartender came out from behind the bar and literally stood there holding the seats for us and called us over! A little awkward but definitely makes you feel like first class haha