Canine of the Seas....yet another dog on ship

I would love to be able to have our 3 cats on cruises with us 😄😸I have no issue with it. As long as they are well cared for and cleaned up after.

And what about those that have an allergy to cats :eek::loudcry:

And what about those that have an allergy to cats :eek::loudcry:

Cats are a problem but dogs also create pet dander (as do most pets). I see people with oxygen on most every cruise. Dander poses the biggest risk to people with lung issues.

As far as special animal cleaning of cabins, Royal does not require passengers to pay a special cleaning fee unless the pet causes damages.

From Royal's web:

Guests are responsible for the behavior or damage caused by their service dog. A cleaning fee may be charged to the guest's shipboard account.

People needing service animals certainly are permitted to bring them on board, but in that same light other passengers should not be put at risk...example: if the pet sleeps in the bed and the bedding is not cleaned.

Royal does not require proof of any kind. From Royal's web:

Evidence that a dog is a service dog is helpful but not required (such as identification cards, other written documentation, presence of harnesses and/or tags or the credible verbal assurance of the person with a disability using the dog).

A dog needs to take a walk every few hours. Where does it pee and poop? On the carpet hallway?

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Tapatalk

There's one particular dog that goes on towels that are laid down.

The same towels that are distributed to passengers.

A dog needs to take a walk every few hours. Where does it pee and poop? On the carpet hallway?

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Tapatalk

I was on NCL Getaway a few years ago, and watched someone’s dog squat and pee in the middle of the hallway. The owner just continued walking with the dog like it was no big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cats are a problem but dogs also create pet dander (as do most pets). I see people with oxygen on most every cruise. Dander poses the biggest risk to people with lung issues.

As far as special animal cleaning of cabins' date=' Royal does not require passengers to pay a special cleaning fee unless the pet causes damages.

From Royal's web:

People needing service animals certainly are permitted to bring them on board, but in that same light other passengers should not be put at risk...example: if the pet sleeps in the bed and the bedding is not cleaned.

Royal does not require proof of any kind. From Royal's web:[/quote']

I agree...In my post I was just quoting a response to lonegirl about her post on "cats".

I have family members that are allergic to cats & dogs. I certainly think that a cabin should have a thorough extra cleaning/disinfecting prior to the next occupant after a "service" animal has inhabited it. I'm really surprised (dismayed) that RCI doesn't require it. Also that they don't require strict documentation of a service animal before it being allowed onboard...again very surprised it isn't.

Thanks for providing this information...I had no idea.

People should just MTOB. I want my voom so I can be first to post on cc:rolleyes:

Sometimes when I see such comments it makes me think that you are one of those that brings their "emotional" pet on board. :rolleyes:

When there is a dog on board an area set up on open deck out of the way. It's a square pad that Royal will keep cleaned during cruise...

The trained service animals and pets of respectful dog parents will use this area, but the slobs will let their pets poop and pee where ever they want.

I have a service dog and I wouldn't dream of bringing her with me. It would be too stressful for both the dog and myself.

I thought service animls always went where ever the person went.

Why is this tolerated? They should be turned in because this probably isn't a real service animal.

I was on NCL Getaway a few years ago, and watched someone’s dog squat and pee in the middle of the hallway. The owner just continued walking with the dog like it was no big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

People need to start taking pictures and videos and show them to Guest Services, send them in to Bayley and post them on that site that can't be mentioned. What would be great would be that there are some "emotional" support dogs on the Presidents cruise and a dog poops in front of them and the owner just keeps on walking. I'll bet there would be some changes then.

......or the one that was banned from the Grandeur.....

When was this? Was tbe dog banned only from the Grandeur or all RC ships? I would hope the people and the dog would have been banned from RC completely.

We just did a B2B cruise on Celebrity's Equinox in March. First leg of the cruise there was a guy and his service dog. Whenever we saw him the dog would walk close by his side and when the guy was sitting the dog laid under his chair. Never heard the guy ever tell the dog not to or to do something. IMO true service dog. Second leg of the cruise a couple with a dog. The dog was always trying to pull away from the owner while on it's leash, owner was always pulling on the leash, telling it stop, sit, no bark, stay...IMO just a pet and a couple abusing the system. :mad:

I love my dog and hate being away from him, however, I would NEVER take him on a cruise or plane.

1. He would hate it. Why put a dog through that? He would be much happier staying at home in his own bed and having a garden to wander as he pleases.

2. I would be mortified if he cocked his leg or crouched down for a poop in public spaces, which lets face it, is every where on a cruise ship! On Oasis + Harmony I saw the square patch for dogs to use and it's still in a public place.

3. Got to think about people who have pet allergies or are scared of dogs. Not fair on them causing some disruption to their vacation. I used to be terrified of dogs (obviously not anymore) and can relate to that feeling when you see one. My dog is a Westie and the sweetest boy, all he would ever want is for someone to pet him, but horrid for someone who does not like dogs.

The list could go on and while I 100% accept actual service dogs and have no problem at all with them, it's unfair when people are taking their pets. Think of the dog.

What do people do with their dogs when it's a port day? Can they take them on excursions? Or do they have to stay in the cabin, which is totally unfair on them being cooped up all day?

Thinking of it all now, I think my dog would disown me if I made him go on a cruise.

And I wipe my butt with a towel that is then distributed to another passenger.

I have used a towel to clean up vomit and that towel was distributed to another passenger.

And I wipe my butt with a towel that is then distributed to another passenger.

I have used a towel to clean up vomit and that towel was distributed to another passenger.

You made my day!! Now I might consider bringing my own towels and sheets. JK

I have no problems with dogs on the boat and do not see why a person having a dog affects anyone else's cruise.

I tend to agree. If the dog is well-behaved I'm not sure why it would be a problem (other than something like an allergy).

I tend to agree. If the dog is well-behaved I'm not sure why it would be a problem (other than something like an allergy).

There are all kinds of allergies. It someone is allergic to alcohol,,,should the cruise line stop serving alcohol? Someone has an allergy to seafood.....no lobster night....no fish on the menu?

If the dog is well behaved why is it a problem? Most Service dogs and their owners are very respectful. Regarding "look alike" service dogs it is Illegal for the cruise line or any business to discriminate. Until the laws are changed nothing can be done.