Dress code Steakhouse first night

AzCruiseGurl

BULLCRAP......We have been in the steakhouse on multiple cruises on the first night and folks had everything on from shorts to

T-shirts. It was about 50-50 of dressed and not dressed. They want your money....There are exceptions to every rule and this must be one of them.

You must have been on a first class Carnival Cruise. I was on the Vista and the Breeze where the exceptions were made. My suggestion to the OP would be to put on slacks if your luggage arrives prior to your reservation but I wouldn't cancel if they don't.

Apparently, each ship sets its own rules and exceptions.

I think the point here is what the dress code is, not what someone might have seen someone else possibly get away with (we all know that sometimes what is enforced is fluid).

It is best to provide an answer that corresponds with Carnival policy, and not tell someone that they can do something to the contrary. In some circumstances they might "get away with it," but I would personally not want to be the one that gave someone that bad advice - then they arrive and have to go through the situation (and possible embarrassment) of being told they had to change.

Then they suffer for the bad advice, and have to drudge back to the room to change. :rolleyes:

I think the point here is what the dress code is, not what someone might have seen someone else possibly get away with (we all know that sometimes what is enforced is fluid).

It is best to provide an answer that corresponds with Carnival policy, and not tell someone that they can do something to the contrary. In some circumstances they might "get away with it," but I would personally not want to be the one that gave someone that bad advice - then they arrive and have to go through the situation (and possible embarrassment) of being told they had to change.

Then they suffer for the bad advice, and have to drudge back to the room to change. :rolleyes:

Apparently, you need to READ what the OP asked and the response that I gave. I was not advocating that one should wear shorts and a t-shirt, I was advising what I had seen on previous cruises. I then suggested that if their luggage does arrive before their reservation, it would be better to change to slacks. If they choose to go in shorts on the first night because their SLACKS have not arrived, there is a possibility that it will be allowed.

I read and argue for a living.....Reading is key.

Apparently, you need to READ what the OP asked and the response that I gave. I was not advocating that one should wear shorts and a t-shirt, I was advising what I had seen on previous cruises. I then suggested that if their luggage does arrive before their reservation, it would be better to change to slacks. If they choose to go in shorts on the first night because their SLACKS have not arrived, there is a possibility that it will be allowed.

I read and argue for a living.....Reading is key.

OP's opening line:

What is the dress code for the Steakhouse the first night??

Several of us respond and tell her slacks and people have been turned away for wearing shorts

Your response: BULLCRAP! Because you have seen different.

I think I can read just fine thank you!

OP's opening line:

Several of us respond and tell her slacks and people have been turned away for wearing shorts

Your response: BULLCRAP! Because you have seen different.

I think I can read just fine thank you!

I too told the OP to wear slacks if they arrive. I also said there was a 50-50 chance that it would be tolerated. On the first night in the MDR things are relaxed and tolerated that should not be. Experience is a very valid point to share with someone what is actually permitted. I really don't care what other folks wear to dinner as long that they are clean. The OP can take the information, analyze it and then proceed as they see fit. My main point was exceptions are made. The rule of slacks only is overlooked on the first night.

If your slacks don't arrive, you can give it a shot and if not permitted in eat elsewhere.

Guess what, sometimes you can get on a tender without first getting a sticker. Should a guest go get one prior to getting on the tender, yes but it isn't always enforced. I have now spent enough time on this bullcrap.

Hi all,

I know normally first night in the dining room is more casual. Wondering if DH can wear nice shorts with nice shirt first night??

Thanks

Long pants.

The correct answer is "your mileage may vary." We've been to the one on the Conquest twice. The first time they enforced the dress code. Last New Years Eve cruise they had 1300 kids aboard and the steakhouse needed to fill seats. When we were taking friends on a tour of the ship prior to sail away the host in the steakhouse wanted us to come as we were. We did, and that was khaki shorts and a Tommy Bahama.

The only absolute I've found after now 39 cruises is there are no absolutes.