Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone.

I am marrying my best friend on Carnival Spirit 21 November 2019, followed by a B2B cruise to the Pacific Islands for our honeymoon.

This is both our 2nd wedding and we wanted something more relaxed. We sent out invites in August last year and so far have 45 people booked on the cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all! We are considering a cruise wedding (taking a ~test cruise~ in April to see if I get seasick) for late 2019/early 2020. I didn't want a long engagement, but the more I put off making wedding plans the longer the engagement gets!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, h00tie23 said:

Hi all! We are considering a cruise wedding (taking a ~test cruise~ in April to see if I get seasick) for late 2019/early 2020. I didn't want a long engagement, but the more I put off making wedding plans the longer the engagement gets!

 

Congratulations! What cruise are you taking in April? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Tigergenesis said:

 

Congratulations! What cruise are you taking in April? 

Carnival Liberty over Easter weekend 🙂 I've never cruised before, and DF has only cruised out of Tampa to Mexico and the Caribbean, so we're both excited to try out Nassau!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 7:06 AM, Tigergenesis said:

 

Congratulations! What cruise are you taking in April? 

you will hopefully have an amazing time...
 

its a good thing that you are doing a test run, no bride wants to be sick on her dress xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, 

 

We are getting married on the Carnival Liberty May 17th, 2019 in Port Canaveral! We booked back in October and now that my countdown is below 3 months I am trying to actually get all of the details together. We send out a virtual save the date in October and it looks like we will actually have 30 or more friends and family sailing with us. 

 

Now that the wedding is under 3 months away I am trying to kick it into high gear and figure out all of the details. Finally ordered actual paper invitations, need to figure out who does make up and hair in the Port Canaveral area. 

 

Trying not to stress. I have such a small list I know it shouldn't stress me out much! I cannot imagine how anyone manages to plan a big in town wedding : ) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2018 at 11:39 AM, jdaley90 said:

Hey Party People!!

 

2019 bride here too! Getting married 2/18/19 on the Liberty of the Seas! Have about 20 people booked so far!

Hi & Congratulations! How did it go? I am getting married on the Liberty on 5/17/19. Any advice to pass along? Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats! It's definitely feeling down to the wire for us May brides! :) (We are May 12th on NCL :D) 

 

 We're having like 11-13 people sailing with us (so not oto many) and something like 25 people coming to just the ceremony. For my family, it's a tiny wedding, LOL but it still feels pretty big and there are so many things to figure out! 

 

We ended up hiring a planner to coordinate a welcome dinner (instead of a rehersal dinner; the night before the wedding, inviting everyone - mostly as a chance to spend more time with our non-sailing guests and family) and she's been amazing- found the venue based on a pretty vague description of what we wanted, and is organizing hair/makeup for us before we board, too. 

 

I will say that although I knew going in they weren't super responsive, I've found Royal Ocean Events to be a real pain to communicate with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, caitmac1 said:

Congrats! It's definitely feeling down to the wire for us May brides! 🙂 (We are May 12th on NCL :D) 

 

 We're having like 11-13 people sailing with us (so not oto many) and something like 25 people coming to just the ceremony. For my family, it's a tiny wedding, LOL but it still feels pretty big and there are so many things to figure out! 

 

We ended up hiring a planner to coordinate a welcome dinner (instead of a rehersal dinner; the night before the wedding, inviting everyone - mostly as a chance to spend more time with our non-sailing guests and family) and she's been amazing- found the venue based on a pretty vague description of what we wanted, and is organizing hair/makeup for us before we board, too. 

 

I will say that although I knew going in they weren't super responsive, I've found Royal Ocean Events to be a real pain to communicate with. 

Congrats! Hiring a wedding coordinator was smart! 

 

Right now I am kind of wishing I had gone that route. So far carnival has been very helpful, I have not done much with their vendor (The Wedding Experience) so remains to be seen if they will be difficult. I am going to force myself to start reviewing that paperwork today after I put together the printed wedding invitations I just got in the mail yesterday : ) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello! We are planning our wedding (2nd time for both of us) on August 4, 2019 (embarkation day) aboard Royal Caribbean's Allure of the Seas. I haven't done much thinking it's a cruise wedding and everything will take care of itself and have now turned to "all hands on deck!" 

 

We have 16 cabins and 36 people booked - expect to have about 50 people booked in total and and additional 25 or so join us for the wedding only (hence why we are getting married on embarkation day). 

 

Any tips from those who are also doing Allure of the Seas at Dazzles would be greatly appreciated! I am particularly worried about decorations, cake, DJ and photographer.

 

For our wedding website: bought a domain and used someone from freelancer.com (started to do it with wix.com but don't have the time and freelancer is such a great option)

For our invitations: These matched our colors (navy and silver) https://www.etsy.com/listing/633441447/white-and-navy-blue-cruise-wedding?ref=user_profile&frs=1

Depending on the cake, looking at these cake toppers (since we are including our children, ages 22, 20, 16, 16 and 11): https://www.etsy.com/listing/41090484/custom-cake-sitter?ref=user_profile

Not sure if we are ordering programs since it appears no one uses them...

 

Working on ordering favor bags from Alibaba and figuring out what to put in them...getting magnets for the guests cabin doors to coordinate cabin crawl 🙂

 

So much to do so little time!!!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2019 at 4:09 PM, bingoandg2019 said:

Anyone getting their hair or make up done in the salon on the cruise? Bringing someone on board? DIY?

 

The ship i’m getting married on told me they don’t do make up. My hair will likely be in braids or some kind of an updo so not worried there. My niece and sister will do my make up. They did my engagement picture make up and everyone thought it was professional so I feel like i’m covered there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Antlove30Pipes11 said:

 

The ship i’m getting married on told me they don’t do make up. My hair will likely be in braids or some kind of an updo so not worried there. My niece and sister will do my make up. They did my engagement picture make up and everyone thought it was professional so I feel like i’m covered there. 

 

Hi! I got married on the LOS in Feb 2019. They also told me ahead of time that they don’t do make up on board because they don’t have MUA but that said, there is usually someone who does do make up working in the spa but it isn’t their primary job. One of the ladies in the spa DID do my makeup on the day of my wedding :) I went in prepared with the type of look I was going for, brought my day to day makeup, and she also used her own makeup as well. I loved my look and it came out absolutely perfect! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2019 at 12:09 AM, LklandCruiser said:

Hi & Congratulations! How did it go? I am getting married on the Liberty on 5/17/19. Any advice to pass along? Thanks! 

Hi! Everything went great! You are going to have a great time. I have been slacking but am planning on doing a full write up detailing my entire experience. I will try to do it this weekend and then will post the link:) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Brides!

 

We are getting married on carnival Vista September 2019!!! I’m so excited I can barely stand it. We are having 50 guest most non sailing but that’s fine with us, we just got engaged in February(Valentine’s day on carnival Valor) and had less than a year to plan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we are two weeks out from departure (for Miami; ship sails on Sunday but we need to get wedding license and crap dealt with there before we go :D) and I am LOSING MY MIND a little bit. :D But it's gonna be great :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joining in the convo as I just found this. Leaving in just 10 days (eek!) to marry my best friend on 5.17.19 on RC Allure of the Seas. I have to say, the planning could not have gone better. Diana, my off-ship wedding coordinator has been fabulous with communication and helping me plan. She has even helped me calm down with a few things didn't go as planned or could tell I was stressing small details. We walked through the entire package a few times to make sure all of the details were perfect and the timing of food and drinks will help keep guests happy. 

 

We ended up booking a suite so that it would be extra special and will say our vows in Dazzles. We have 30 guests joining up for seven days in the Bahamas. 

 

Anyone have any advice on RC's Allure of the Seas Weddings? I have been watching videos and reading tons of reviews but it always helps to hear directly from other brides. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My turn!

We are both older obviously by our picture. We got engaged on the MSC Seaside,9/18.

We decided to get married in Miami outside venue with the ocean as a backdrop and a Caribbean theme.  All flowers are Tropical and the aisle will be lined with conch shells with flowers in them. My fiancé is wearing a navy tux with blue jacquard hibiscus on the jacket. He loved it as soon as he saw it, who am I to tell him otherwise.

Ill be more traditional but champagne color dress. Our cake will be vanilla with mango filing. The music playing while people talking and hanging out will be Caribbean style.

Our couple dance will be a Zac Brown Caribbean song called Where the Boat Leaves and we will be dancing the merengue.

We have family and friends going to the wedding and then on a cruise to the Caribbean for 3 days on the MSC Divina the Yacht Club area. We will remain on the ship for another 7 days.

Its going to be fun.

Im so excited.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys! 

 

we're back and it was wonderful!

 

only things I wish we'd been able to change/known ahead- 

 

#1 I wish we'd had a chance to go over our ceremony with the officiant. 🙂

#2 - I wish we'd known how far we'd be walking in- we would have cut our processional track differently. 🙂

 

 

We had a wonderful time with our friends on the cruise, the miami-base planner (A Love For Detail, email me for her contact info at trainsdogs at gmail) was SO AMAZING 🙂. NCL was fun and enjoyable overall and it was a really wonderful trip of a lifetime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wondering...

 

Are you doing OOT bags for your guest that cruise with you? If you are doing OOT bags are you not doing wedding favors as well?  We are getting married at sea so everyone coming to the wedding has to cruise with us. I definitely plan to do OOT bags but no idea on the wedding favors yet.

 

I thought about doing both but it seems like a lot. I don't have that many people traveling with us but i'm still waiting on all the RSVPs to flow in. I can't decide what to do as a favor and what to put in the final OOT bag which is where i'm getting stuck I think. Let me know what you all have planned or did for your cruise wedding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello

We are doing guest bags I will give to each couple before the cruise.

Im creating Cruise Survival Kits for them. I have a small bag with personalized sticker filled with items for hangover, sunburn, sewing, earplugs etc. Most of our guest have never gone on a cruise or don't think about bringing these things.

Funny and practical.

Brenda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe it is June 2019 already! 

 

Seems like some brides have already gotten married this year. Please come back to our board for 2019 brides and share your experiences. Those of us still waiting until the end of the year i'm sure would appreciate it! Anything happen during your cruise wedding that surprised you? Anything you would have done differently? Things we might be worried about but shouldn't...?

 

If you are getting married in June what are the last minute things you are worrying about or trying to accomplish? What are you most excited about now that your month has arrived? Just so happy to read everyone's stories and keep planning for my day in November.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Antlove30Pipes11 said:

I can't believe it is June 2019 already! 

 

Seems like some brides have already gotten married this year. Please come back to our board for 2019 brides and share your experiences. Those of us still waiting until the end of the year i'm sure would appreciate it! Anything happen during your cruise wedding that surprised you? Anything you would have done differently? Things we might be worried about but shouldn't...?

 

If you are getting married in June what are the last minute things you are worrying about or trying to accomplish? What are you most excited about now that your month has arrived? Just so happy to read everyone's stories and keep planning for my day in November.

We are all dying to know all and any details! Especially since many reviews are from the old price package. Please update us!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys!! I finally got my act together and wrote a thread about my experience getting married aboard Royal Caribbean's Liberty of the Seas in February 2019: 

 

Don't hesitate to ask me any questions you may have!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2019 at 4:14 PM, Brendaflamingo said:

Hello

We are doing guest bags I will give to each couple before the cruise.

Im creating Cruise Survival Kits for them. I have a small bag with personalized sticker filled with items for hangover, sunburn, sewing, earplugs etc. Most of our guest have never gone on a cruise or don't think about bringing these things.

Funny and practical.

Brenda

We did the same thing! Everyone LOVED the bags and used them all week long as well as the contents. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with the Coral Expeditions Team
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...