How many cruises with Carnival....

Alyssajones624

Seven cruises on Carnival and my first on Royal Caribbean in 251 days. I was booked on the Glory in January and RC has a cheaper cruise. I just love cruising, I have no real loyalty to Carnival because frankly they have no loyalty to me. For a while I was intent on getting Platinum, but now, what for? I can buy every perk I am interested in with FTTF. It has also become clear to me that Carnival is focusing on new cruiser business and not that interested in getting old cruisers back.

I will still be a Carnival cruiser because number of days at sea for the lowest price is what I really look for, but they have no tick in their category for me other than price and itinerary. If its cheapest and goes where I want, that is my favorite cruise line today!

2, with my 3rd and 4th booked for this year. All Carnival. It is fun a vacation, with incredible value and variety that is tough to beat. It has everything I need, at a very reasonable price. So currently, it is tough to go anywhere else. I would have had a lot more under the belt had I not listened to the bad rap the cruise industry and more specifically, Carnival gets.

I do want to try Royal one day. It sounds like it would be a fun experience. Then maybe a Princess cruise.

I have 21 total -

14 on Carnival, with #15 booked for October

1 on Premier (the Big Red Boat)

2 on Holland America

3 on Royal Caribbean

1 on NCL

We return to Carnival because you get more bang for your buck, plain and simple. Carnival has pretty good food, the service has been good, they haven't run out of tequila or rum, so we are happy. Just put me on a ship, put a drink in my hand and take me somewhere - I'm a happy camper.

15 on carnival and one rccl.....carnival is in my price range, but I'm open to other cruise lines. Only sad thing is that now my girls are older, married with kids and have busy lives .....so they can't often go with us anymore!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We've truly never had a "bad" cruise! Find we just have more fun on Carnival cruises, plus have made a lot of friends over the last 12 years.

Royal has nice perks, especially for higher levels. But, always end up booking on Carnival. :D

150 Carnival; 62 Royal

Heading out Saturday and so excited!

6 Carnival

3 Disney

3 Royal Caribbean

We generally book about a year in advance, but our next one is on Royal’s Oasis of the Seas next February and that one was booked several months ago.

We hope to try other lines like Celebrity, Princess, Holland America and Norwegian in the future.

We've truly never had a "bad" cruise! Find we just have more fun on Carnival cruises, plus have made a lot of friends over the last 12 years.

Royal has nice perks, especially for higher levels. But, always end up booking on Carnival. :D

150 Carnival; 62 Royal

Heading out Saturday and so excited!

OMG 150 cruises with Carnival how do you do it?

Hi everyone! So how many Carnival cruises have you taken?

For those of you that stick with only Carnival what is that keeps you going back for more and more?

Any tips on how to plan for future cruises so it doesn't hurt the pockets? Do you plan last minute or book when you are on a cruise...

My third is coming up. I usually look for itinerary and if the price is right, I book. I have cruised other lines and each is very different. I got a great price on a spa stateroom for my upcoming cruise.

My third is coming up. I usually look for itinerary and if the price is right, I book. I have cruised other lines and each is very different. I got a great price on a spa stateroom for my upcoming cruise.

I will be boarding the Splendor after you get off. Have a great cruise and enjoy the sun :cool:

We have our 4th cruise booked for July 22 out of Baltimore. All 4 will have been with Carnival. My parents paid for our 1st cruise as a family vacation and we were hooked. This one coming up is a graduation gift for our DS. It's what he chose (guess we raised him right!!!;p) We have to book in advance and save for it. But so worth the wait. We have never had a bad experience on Carnival and will keep going with them as they are well priced for our needs.

Hi everyone! So how many Carnival cruises have you taken?

For those of you that stick with only Carnival what is that keeps you going back for more and more?

Any tips on how to plan for future cruises so it doesn't hurt the pockets? Do you plan last minute or book when you are on a cruise...

Have completed 21 cruise and all were with Carnival. Carnival Cruise 22 has been purchased for 2019 and another Carnival cruise for 2020.

What keeps us coming back. Have 162 VIP points and need another 37 to reach Diamond. Pricing is good. Live in Florida and have a good selection of ships in the ports of Miami and Ft Lauderdale. Know what to expect and like what I see.

As for pricing and planning, I always buy my cruises a year or two in advance. That way, you lock in your price and don't worry about price increases. Use to buy the cruise while on a cruise but that pricing advantage has gone away. Pay for the cruise with AARP gift cards which ends up as a 10 percent discount. Also pay for my on board ship expenses with AARP gift cards which amounts to another 10 percent. Buying Early Saver is your best bet for pricing but actually the Military rate is the same and is safer in case you would have to cancel. Always bring 2 bottles of alcohol and 12 bottles of soda for price reasons. I buy my shore excursions prior to the cruise and usually with a code discount some one will publish on Cruise Critic. In one respect, I am extravagant. I pay for pier parking instead of off site parking. It is $50 to $75 more but time wise a major difference, more convenient and usually covered parking.

As for planning, I have to admit, I go overboard. No .............. not on the ship but at home. I have 2 inch binders filled with data. I cross reference past cruises. I am on Cruise Critic all the time. I also search the internet for data. I talk with others about cruising all the time. Am a confessed Cruise-a-holic. But, that's also part of the fun of cruising.

13 all on Carnival. 12 was supposed to be my last, but I stayed alive long enough for the 13th. Still here so got the 14th scheduled in October. I keep coming back because i just can't beat the value. It's a great bang for your buck. I have noticed the marked decline in the quality of the product, but it still is a much better deal than any other type of vacation. I have stayed with Carnival because its what I can afford, plus I like the Platinum benefits.

1 with Royal, my Honeymoon in 1994

17 with Carnival and hope to keep cruising with them. I’m a creature of habit and cruise to just relax and do as little as possible. I know where everything is and what to expect. It’s my way of CHILLIN N DEALIN️[emoji924]🥂[emoji485][emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Been cruising less than 4 years and have done 7 on carnival with 3 more booked in the next 16 months.

I started with carnival because I have three ports within driving distance and carnival is the only line that sails out of all three year round. I continue to sail with carnival partially because of that..but also because I’ve enjoyed all of my cruises. And I want to go back. I’ve also had friends who have tried other lines and from talking to them about it...I’m afraid some of those lines may be a little too old and slow for my taste.

Hi everyone! So how many Carnival cruises have you taken? Ten on Carnival with one booked for next February.

For those of you that stick with only Carnival what is that keeps you going back for more and more? We tried Royal and didn't enjoy it as much as our Carnival cruises.

Any tips on how to plan for future cruises so it doesn't hurt the pockets? We set up a special "Cruise" savings account where they automatically take $200 a month out of our regular savings. We never touch it for anything but cruising. Do you plan last minute or book when you are on a cruise.. We cruise every other year. Once we get off our cruise, we start planning for the next one. As soon as we decide and they are taking reservations for that cruise, we book either under Past Guest, Military rate or whatever our PVP tells us in the best rate other that Early. We would never book under Early. Too many restrictions.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.