Hydrofoil to Capri Question

quilter49

I would purchase when you get there as you have no control over when you actually dock and what time they'll let you off the ship.

Also, I would wait and purchase your return ticket when you get to Capri. Do it in the morning when you arrive so you can choose from the full array of return options.

I would purchase when you get there as you have no control over when you actually dock and what time they'll let you off the ship.

Also, I would wait and purchase your return ticket when you get to Capri. Do it in the morning when you arrive so you can choose from the full array of return options.

We have used the ferries twice and like Eurocruiser we booked on the day. It seemed more convenient. I cannot recall long lines. We made sure that we had our return journey booked first thing in the morning though.

We’ve used ferries a number of times to visit Capri and Sorrento and have always bought tickets on the day. It is useful to know sailing times before you dock and give yourself enough time to purchase tickets. We’ve mainly done this in U.K. school holidays and therefore at the height of the season and have never had to queue for long or have had any difficulty in getting onto the vessel we wanted.

We took the first "fast ferry" of the day to Capri as soon as our ship arrived and purchased tickets at the dock. Purchase tickets for the entire round trip in the morning. Capri gets very crowded so you definitely want to beat the lines if going to popular places like the Blue Grotto. Also, at the end of the day everybody is trying to get back to Naples to get to their ships so the ferry system is a bit overwhelmed. If you are on a ship excursion, the ship will wait but if you go on your own just be aware that it might be a wait in line to get back.

I never booked ahead. I usually get off the ship as fast as possible and then take the first available ferry. I usually do book the return ticket right away which saves time in Capri (although I´m bound to the same company for the return trip).

steamboats