Carnival Dream cruise

I am thinking of a cruise on the Dream in October 2018. I have only sailed on Carnival twice, on smaller ships. Anyone sailed on the Dream out of New Orleans lately? Any thoughts would be helpful. Did you find the ship too big? Were there a lot of things to do on board? What did you think of the 2.0 upgrades? Any thoughts would be greatly apprecaited.

Happy Cruising!!

Just got off the Dream last week. I had a great time. Was My first time on a Dream class ship. (I cruised the Freedom twice before, and this was cruise #3.)

Never felt crowded, and there were always deck chairs available, including on the Serenity Deck!

Plenty to do, shows were great. Many food options. My first time experiencing Guys burgers and Blue Iguana, both very good. Really enjoyed Blue Iguana at breakfast.

Next cruise is the Magic on May '19.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am hoping to go on the Dream when it comes to Galveston. I want to go on the bigger ships but not ready for a 7 night cruise the Dream will be 4/5 night out of Galveston. I’ve only been on the Valor.

Dream is great, but is a different experience from the smaller classes. Not better, not worse - just different. Can have crowded areas, but not obnoxious. Lots to do and lots of activities. Would have no problem recommending her.

My family and I were on the Dream for Halloween 2017 from Nola. Great ship all in all and our fellow passengers went above and beyond with their costumes awesome. We stayed on deck 8 which is very quiet as it is sandwiched between two other deck of cabins no night club or deck chair noise. Food was average good (for a carnival cruise) in the dining room, buffet always seems busy/crowded and pizza is very good. Guys burgers are great and the cantina is very good as well. We/I enjoyed the aft pool more as the main pool was very loud with blaring music. Comedy club was fun and was age appropriate for our kids and they have an adult only as well. Waterslides are awesome and we enjoyed mini golf. The arcade is a rip off and hard to find. My daughter loved the kids club and my son wanted nothing to do with it. Ship was clean with exception to any bathroom near the pools just wet, soggy and stunk. Our cabin steward Agus was great alway around and made sure we were taken care of. I have always found that when you get a good and friendly steward it help to make everything better. We took an uber to the port and arrived at our scheduled time and were let in to the terminal with no waiting or hold cell area....The check in line took about a half and hour and basically never stopped moving then another 15 up the gang way to the ship. We enjoyed the dream a lot i didn't think it was to big or crowded just rite. We booked the Magic out of Miami for our next cruise

I had another question. I know that Carnival has a beer called Thirsty Frog Red, Does anyone know if this is served on the Dream?

Yes. They have a Red Frog Rum Bar by the Lido pool. It isn't the full pub with food but they have the beer.

Me and my family are going on the Dream on May 6th out of NOLA. We can't wait as we've never done this class. Our previous classes have been Conquest, Splendor and Vista so I've heard good things about the layout of the Dream and can't wait to try this class of ship out.

In reference to the Red Frog Pub Beer and there not being a full blown pub on board, when I checked a recent list of places on the ship it says there is a full blown pub, not just the bar by the pool. Is this correct? I spoke to a gal I work with that was on this ship and she said there is a Red Frog Pub on board, but maybe it's just hard to find. Love their beer, as a home brewer going on the Vista was a treat since they brew their own beer on board.

Me and my family are going on the Dream on May 6th out of NOLA. We can't wait as we've never done this class. Our previous classes have been Conquest, Splendor and Vista so I've heard good things about the layout of the Dream and can't wait to try this class of ship out.

In reference to the Red Frog Pub Beer and there not being a full blown pub on board, when I checked a recent list of places on the ship it says there is a full blown pub, not just the bar by the pool. Is this correct? I spoke to a gal I work with that was on this ship and she said there is a Red Frog Pub on board, but maybe it's just hard to find. Love their beer, as a home brewer going on the Vista was a treat since they brew their own beer on board.

Not sure if Dream has it,but a coworker took another Carnival cruise and mentioned they have a beer class/talk/tasting? He attended and not only were the guys knowledgeable, but you got to enjoy about four different beers. I'm not a beer person,but suggest this option

Not sure if Dream has it,but a coworker took another Carnival cruise and mentioned they have a beer class/talk/tasting? He attended and not only were the guys knowledgeable, but you got to enjoy about four different beers. I'm not a beer person,but suggest this option

Thanks for the information. We did the brewery tour on the Vista, my wife isn't a beer drinker. There was supposed to be something like 20 of us and there ended up being only 12 of us. Well they had poured beer in pitchers for 20 people so bonus for our group is we got to drink that extra beer for free and I got my wife's share....................dinner was interesting to say the least after that tour! :'):'):')

In reference to the Red Frog Pub Beer and there not being a full blown pub on board, when I checked a recent list of places on the ship it says there is a full blown pub, not just the bar by the pool. Is this correct?

No. There is no pub. There's the Red Frog Rum Bar and Blue Iguana Tequila Bar by the pool.