Cruise Critic Community
CruisingChick

Celebrity MoveUp

So....what does it mean to have your MoveUp offer show up as “pending” at the top of the MoveUp page? I’m guessing probably nothing.

Wow... your digging up a really old message chain.   You may be better served finding one or two of the posts from this week.

Pending means you placed an Offer and you have neither won an upgrade or received a rejection e-mail.   If you have a pending status it will remain that way until you are either upgraded or notified 48 hours prior to cruise. 

You can also go back into your bid using the confirmation e-mail and either cancel or modify your bid.

I've gone all the way back to May postings and didn't see anything about the appearance of the "pending" box in this thread but I'm very sorry to have bothered anyone with an "old message chain" question. I've put in many move up offers for past cruises and never had the experience of having a special box appear at the top of the page. All my offers have always remained in the usual order on the page with a "pending" next to any of my offers. This just looked very different so I was curious. Sorry.

But, thank you for your reply.

I placed a bid for our last cruise and received the pending label mentioned in the above post. I didn’t receive a move up, and never received a rejection notification prior to my cruise. Was I supposed to receive a Rejection response from someone? 

5 hours ago, kathynorth said:

I placed a bid for our last cruise and received the pending label mentioned in the above post. I didn’t receive a move up, and never received a rejection notification prior to my cruise. Was I supposed to receive a Rejection response from someone? 

For all my bids that I did not win I received an e-mail at exactly 48 hours (from ship departure).

image.png.99e9fa52c98ff452948ed1a7a37a4158.png

Hi Jim, thanks for the reply. Did your bid have a pending banner as the poster above described? I wish I kept a photo of my pending message to see if this was a normal message.  I'm wondering if my bid didn't register in the system since I never received the notification. Next time I'll be sure to watch for this.  

6 minutes ago, kathynorth said:

Hi Jim, thanks for the reply. Did your bid have a pending banner as the poster above described? I wish I kept a photo of my pending message to see if this was a normal message.  I'm wondering if my bid didn't register in the system since I never received the notification. Next time I'll be sure to watch for this.  

Yes.   After I bid on 3 different classification upgrades all of them showed pending up until 48 hours prior to sailing.  

I went back and looked at the one I won and I was notified of my upgrade 10 days prior to sailing.  I was upgraded from AQ Guarantee to RS.    

12 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yes.   After I bid on 3 different classification upgrades all of them showed pending up until 48 hours prior to sailing.  

I went back and looked at the one I won and I was notified of my upgrade 10 days prior to sailing.  I was upgraded from AQ Guarantee to RS.    

Did you bid low, medium or high?  Thanks!

5 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Sailing in four days, haven’t heard anything yet. 

The two times I’ve bid (and failed), I was notified of the failure 48 hours before sailing as the fine print suggests. 

6 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Sailing in four days, haven’t heard anything yet. 

From my previous cruises you will probably get your rejection notice in 2 days.   Let us know if you get it.

On 1/1/2020 at 9:23 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Hi again!  I'm asking again about the bid that you won.  Did you bid weak, fair or strong.  That was a great upgrade!!  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Cruizen Susan said:

Hi again!  I'm asking again about the bid that you won.  Did you bid weak, fair or strong.  That was a great upgrade!!  Thanks!

I have to admit it was an unusual cruise.   After hitting Zenith we decided to try out AQ as we get most of the perks we need already.   We were booked in a RS for the second cruise.   The cruise was the first half of a B2B and was a short 5 day cruise stopping in Key West and Nassau prior to a TransAtlantic.   I think the lowest bid was $300 pp and I bid $555 pp just about 1/4 up on the slider. 

I have a feeling that the short cruise attracted value based travelers and there wasn't much competition.   So much for the trial.   We ended up doing a b2b in AQ on Summit and loved it.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I have to admit it was an unusual cruise.   After hitting Zenith we decided to try out AQ as we get most of the perks we need already.   We were booked in a RS for the second cruise.   The cruise was the first half of a B2B and was a short 5 day cruise stopping in Key West and Nassau prior to a TransAtlantic.   I think the lowest bid was $300 pp and I bid $555 pp just about 1/4 up on the slider. 

I have a feeling that the short cruise attracted value based travelers and there wasn't much competition.   So much for the trial.   We ended up doing a b2b in AQ on Summit and loved it.

Thanks for the reply!!   I'm now learning the ins and outs of the bidding system,  and while it would be nice to get a suite,  I'm happy with my AQ hump cabin too.   We had a suite on the Summit in May and loved it and have gotten spoiled with the "suite life"  This bid is for the Silhouette sailing in March, 12 nights Southern Caribbean, great ports.  Probably a good deal of competition, although there are surprisingly quite a few cabins left in all categories.  I bid only a high "weak" amount, because I paid a good sum for the AQ to begin with.   Que sara sara!!

Happy cruisin'

Susan