Labadee Cabana

It's a terrific splurge. Labadee is one of my favorite places in the world and the cabanas make it even better. You can relax, have shade if you want, a cabana attendant, water, floats, etc. I don't think I would pay for it every time, but definitely for a special occasion.

Just got back from a a spring break Oasis cruise with a stop in Labadee. Rented a bungalow and it was great. Personally I think the beach bungalows are a much better deal than the cabanas. Private beach and LOTS of palms for shade on the beach. Also at about 1/2 the price the bungalows can not be beat. Another think to do is bring a nice bottle or 2 of rose from home and bring it ashore for the ice chest in your cabana/bungalow, makes for a great afternoon. The private bungalow beach is really important when on an Oasis class ship because every thing else is packed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have done three over the water cabanas and love them. Unfortunately I think the Barefoot Beach ones are pushing $500 now so they are pricey, but as was said previously, being away from the crowds is nice and having a "home base" for things while on excursions and such is nice. Whether it is a bungalow or cabana, I say do it :)

I am debating getting a cabana as a surprise for the family for our cruise in November.

I think it is around $300. Is it worth it or should we just find some loungers on the beach somewhere?

Without exception, we one of the overwater cabanas on Barefoot Beach each time we're in Labadee. It is totally worth the money, at least, to us.

-germ

How do you go about reserving one of these cabanas? I don't see where they are available.

Cabanas at Barefoot Beach are limited to suite guests (GS and better) and Pinnacle C&A members, and can only be reserved via the Concierge/Genie.

Cabanas at Nellie's Beach are reserved via your Cruise Planner on Royal's website. If you don't see them there, it might be too early.

I second the Beach Bungalow at Columbus Cove. I’ve done both over water cabana and Beach Bungalow. Overwater cabana at $500 is way too rich. We did it when it was $275. But the Beach Bungalow at $200 is wonderful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I second the Beach Bungalow at Columbus Cove. I’ve done both over water cabana and Beach Bungalow. Overwater cabana at $500 is way too rich. We did it when it was $275. But the Beach Bungalow at $200 is wonderful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing.

Tony

• 2 months later...
Cabanas at Barefoot Beach are limited to suite guests (GS and better) and Pinnacle C&A members, and can only be reserved via the Concierge/Genie.

Cabanas at Nellie's Beach are reserved via your Cruise Planner on Royal's website. If you don't see them there, it might be too early.

Any idea when the Nellie’s beach ones open? Looking for january and not there yet

We also did one of those when the price was more reasonable, and included the buffet in the suite area - one of the selling points after experiencing the long lines and food shortages in the main area. One warning if you get the overwater cabana - keep your pool mats up high when they are not in use. Our attendant initially put ours at the base of the steps, and they were promptly taken by others. And I almost lost one of the replacements when I turned my back on it for a few seconds in the water. I turned back just as as child - with his mother watching approvingly! - was about to snatch it away from me. The mother just shrugged when I glared at them.

• 1 month later...
OWB are highly overrated IMO. We book the beachfront cabanas at a much lesser cost and they work fine.

We booked a beach front on Nellie. I really wanted the over the water but I'm already paying 355. How is the OW overrated ?

• 2 weeks later...

If we are in a grand suite can we contact the concierge prior to boarding to reserve?

If we are in a grand suite can we contact the concierge prior to boarding to reserve?

Yes, you will receive an email from the concierge about a week before sailing asking if you have any requests. Just reply to the email with your request. If possible find the cabana map and ask for a specific cabana by number or you will be assigned one randomly.

Do you purchase the bungalows online in your cruise planner? Or aboard the ship?

If it's on your cruise planner, where? Under labadee shore excursions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Can be purchased in either, but highly recommend to buy early through your cruise planner are they will probably sell out. Yes they are under Labadee excursions.