**LIVE** Grandeur of the Seas 4/26/2018 - 5/4/2018.

What do you mean when you say off peak? I've booked Grandeur in March 2019 and based on reviews would sail it more than once. I retire the first week of June so I will have flexibility like never before.

Pretty much what Sauspud says. But cheapest month's I have found in general, are December and February, However, I've gotten deals late October - November but not Thanksgiving, and January (not New years day) and March, I've seen deals. This last cruise, I did not expect such a good price for a late April sailing, but I got it, however, I felt that was more of an anomaly. Spring Break for US (the weeks around Easter) the price spikes because kids get a week off around that time.

Off peak is times when there is not a major holiday or when the kids are in school.

This is for travel in general.

In the US, the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas tends to be very cheap. Most people travel for one or the other holiday, plus with getting ready for Christmas, tend to have less funds available. January tends to be nice also, as they just got the holiday credit card bills.

We have had some very inexpensive trips, both domestic and international, in the Oct - mid Nov, between the holidays, and late January times.

Avoid Spring Break time. And summer, when school is off.

My wife and I would never do something like that, because we hate that kind of attention to ourselves.

Funny you should mention that! I just read another thread here where people also mentioned the Love and Marriage show, and recounted how suggestive and sometimes raunchy the questions were. That is far too much for me, too. Hopefully there are some newlyweds there who don't embarrass as easily as I do. :)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Funny you should mention that! I just read another thread here where people also mentioned the Love and Marriage show, and recounted how suggestive and sometimes raunchy the questions were. That is far too much for me, too. Hopefully there are some newlyweds there who don't embarrass as easily as I do. :)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

We intentionally skipped the Love and Marriage show on our wedding cruise because even though WE don't care for the attention, we had family who would readily throw us under the bus in a heartbeat in that fashion. Seconded by the fact that because we were a fairly unique couple, EVERYONE knew we got married and we were constantly congratulated by everyone onboard all week (we were already weirded out by that attention). If we had attended, I'm fairly certain the cruise director would have recognized us and dragged us up there.

Thank you, Hansen, for your commentary on the cruise. My husband and I were on the same cruise with you. We enjoyed everything about it. The entertainment was much better than on previous cruises (this was our eighth cruise). Derek Floyd did a great rendition of Lionel Ritchie songs. I saw Lionel Ritchie perform at The Greenbrier; Derek was nearly as good.

The best part of this cruise was the CD, Mike Szwajkowski, and the funny events he coordinated. We especially enjoyed the Quest competition for its adult humor. I was a contestant in the second day of Jeopardy and that was a hoot.

If anyone filmed the Jeopardy show from the in room television program on the cruise, if you will share it with me I shall be forever grateful.

The food was exceptional, in my opinion. There were plenty of healthy vegetable and fruit options.

Martha from WV, married to Kelley, the World's Sexiest Man

• 3 weeks later...
I think a better question is “what happens if you lose the card off-ship”. I was lucky i didn’t find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had our kids on a cruise and during a stop in San Juan, our then 12-year-old son realized he'd lost his Seapass card somewhere off the ship. So they had us wait at the area where you reboard the ship and after everyone had already boarded, they checked the manifest and seen we were the only ones who hadn't boarded. So they let us onboard and afterward issued my son a new card.

Of course, I let him sweat it out that he may have to find a job in San Juan to support himself!

We had our kids on a cruise and during a stop in San Juan, our then 12-year-old son realized he'd lost his Seapass card somewhere off the ship. So they had us wait at the area where you reboard the ship and after everyone had already boarded, they checked the manifest and seen we were the only ones who hadn't boarded. So they let us onboard and afterward issued my son a new card.

Of course, I let him sweat it out that he may have to find a job in San Juan to support himself!

Thanks for the clarification.

On another note, I am absolutely humbled that my very first live thread on one of the oldest ships in the fleet garnered over 30K views.

• 4 months later...

Read your TR today. We are on this ship/itin in January. We were regular CCL cruisers (been on the Pride twice) who tried RCCL last year on the Majesty 3 day. I won bingo on that and went right to the future cruise desk and booked this Grandeur cruise. We are from the Balt area and our 2 girls go to college in PA. We currently live in NC so we figured the dates of this cruise would be nice since when we get off the ship we can drop them off to college. And all our family is in Balt area so we can drive up before cruise and stay with them. 

At any rate, I was very interested in this report because I am concerned about our cabin location. We have 2 connecting cabins on deck 3, right under the Centrum stage area...3081 and 3083. I was worried about loud music until late at night but in looking at the planners you posted it seems like most nights it's done by 11pm and the last 2 nights it's like 11:30pm. We just went on CCL cruise and our cabin was above a band stage that played until 12-1am every night...that was awful. 

We are into food and it was also nice to see your food pics and reviews. We booked the 3 night specialty dining package beginning on night 1. I have to go back over your menus to see what other nights we want to skip the MDR (currently was thinking 7 and 9). 

Cococay...I wonder if the new pier will be open by Jan for the ship to dock? I hope so. If not, I hadn't thought about not being able to tender if rough seas (your 33% stats does not sound so good). Cococay is our last stop so I wonder what they'd do if they can't get in? Go back to Nassau or just another seaday? 

We will be looking at this ship again for 2020 as well. Looking at Canada/NE cruises. They haven't released the itins yet past April. We are looking at July-Aug 2020. Also will look at NY/NJ ships. 

We are also big Disneyphiles (own DVC). And some of my family are also big Star Wars fans (not me so much). We have tentative plans to go Xmas 2019. But I am not so stoked about that and would rather wait until the new Star Wars stuff has been open for a while. We shall see.

Thanks for sharing this report. It was very nice to read and very helpful!

Edited by laumicmah

5 minutes ago, laumicmah said:

We are into food and it was also nice to see your food pics and reviews. We booked the 3 night specialty dining package beginning on night 1. I have to go back over your menus to see what other nights we want to skip the MDR (currently was thinking 7 and 9). 

Please do not depend on my menus to decide what nights to skip.  The only thing that you can depend on is that lobster night will *usually* be on the 2nd formal night, which on the 9 night cruise, is the 8th night.  Last year, before they instituted the one menu system, I went on the Grandeur twice, solo in February, and then 5 months later with the family in July.  They repeated the menus, but they did NOT use them concurrently the same way.  You probably will not know which menu they will use until the night before.  Also, even though they repeated the menus, they were also not exactly identical.  Some things were not on it, some things were added.  I fortunately, had kept the menu photos on my phone from my previous cruise fortunately.

16 hours ago, laumicmah said:

We will be looking at this ship again for 2020 as well. Looking at Canada/NE cruises. They haven't released the itins yet past April. We are looking at July-Aug 2020. Also will look at NY/NJ ships. 

If you do July 2020, we might be on the same cruise.

We are booked for April 6, 2019, and have our TA on point for a longer (9 night) cruise for July 2020, once they get released.

Already have done 3 on Grandeur and love the ship.