**LIVE** Grandeur of the Seas 4/26/2018 - 5/4/2018.

Omg. This just keeps getting better and better

As great as the picture is, I unfortunately dropped her about 3 seconds later. Our photographer just kept going “lean in!!! more!! more!!” and eventually gravity took over

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm having difficulties posting photos. It would try to upload and then give me an error. I'm not sure if its because of the wi-fi here, or something else. I did have an issue using my cellular data before i hooked up the wi-fi.

Anyways, I went upstairs to try to catch pictures of us crossing under the Bay Bridge and as I reached the Deck 10, I saw us passing under it already. I JUST missed it.

Hopefully, the photo issue will get resolved and I can keep posting photos.

Thanks everyone for following. More to come, I promise.

Will be following along !! Looking forward to your pictures. We sail May 19th and cannot wait !!! First time on Grandeur and first time in Bermuda.

Same here!! First time Grandeur, or Royal in general. And first to Bermuda! See you in a few weeks!

Mushroom Soup and Prime rib won’t load. This is frustrating guys.

Also, Mike is an AWESOME CD. Yeah, his stuff is normal CD stuff, but delivery is EVERYTHING. You can just tell he loves his job and it shows. He also said to expect new activities, like Jeopardy or something.

As great as the picture is, I unfortunately dropped her about 3 seconds later. Our photographer just kept going “lean in!!! more!! more!!” and eventually gravity took over

No wonder she's not cruising with you! :o

;)

Following! Discovered your live blog tonight, have a great cruise :)

Are you dining solo or did you elect to join a table?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I joined a table. I usually pick late seating

I think my pictures are too big. Let me try something.

Mushroom Soup

IMG_3724.thumb.JPG.765f58b7ecfe805b6ff3a3d115da38f5.JPG

Prime Rib

IMG_3725.thumb.JPG.7219771a87e24e2d5af42fddc51e316f.JPG

They attached!!! I think the dimensions are off.

Oh, another pleasant surprise. Our main waiter is Cosmina. She was my main waiter last July. She was awesome!

Now, i’ve made it back to my room and the lack of sleep from last night is catching up to me.

Now that i’ve had a chance To hang out in my room for a little bit, It is quite quiet. My fears of this room being next to the kitchen has been eased. Also, if you go back to where i posted Where my room is, I didnt think there could be anything past my room, but apparently, there’s a crew access door there.

IMG_3726.thumb.JPG.d073c5a688d79fcb61a9d300e37f25d4.JPG

so i decided to see if we were close to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. We’re not. Its about 55 degrees outside but with a 17 knot+ wind coming across the bow, its a little chilly to hang out there waiting. Plus, I’m starting to fade.

I made it to the “arcade”.

IMG_3727.thumb.JPG.d09a803762eadae0b1b1f6d2f373c2fe.JPG

IMG_3728.thumb.JPG.e6cdd2860fc1067d9ec46aa487de8d36.JPG

These are the 4 video games they had. There are about 3 other prize games, but thats the arcade.

Is there a sofa in your cabin? I didn't see one in the pictures. If you had two people, are there places to sit other than the bed?

In July, we did the Cabin Crawl. Didn't you have the suite? We had the balcony cabin.

I didnt participate in the cabin crawl in July so it wasn’t my suite, because i didnt have a suite.

IMG_3729.thumb.JPG.f4b240dca14f4531143491d3e09bc330.JPG

I cut this off with my last photo. With the chair and the sofa, you could squeeze 3 additional people in here to hang. I believe this room only sleeps 2. This is not a pullout sofa nor are there bunk compartments in the ceiling.

This is the lowest deck I’ve ever cruised before. I usually prefer deck 7 or higher. Last July, we were in an interior on 7.

Really enjoying your photos and report so far! I feel for you with that upload speed and trying to post pics, so I thank you for all the time and effort I know it takes to do a live report from an older ship and those speeds.

I made one more stop to the Viking Crown Lounge. Its 11:10pm.

IMG_3730.thumb.JPG.ae72874e5e29d3dd7cce3b50ab41f942.JPG

Its pretty dead in here, but then again, I’m amazed I’m still up here. As I said, I can feel sleep coming on. But its not like I have to be anywhere tomorrow.

Really enjoying your photos and report so far! I feel for you with that upload speed and trying to post pics, so I thank you for all the time and effort I know it takes to do a live report from an older ship and those speeds.

Thank you. I’m a bit nervous as its my first Live thread and I don’t profess to be a photographer or a writer. I’m using my Iphone SE here.

The internet is slow, but surprisingly stableish. Last July, it was really frustrating. Speeds were all over the map. Unfortunately, it ranged from tolerably slow to abysmally slow to glacial. The price for Voom pre-cruise dropped to 13.99/day for a week before going back to its “normal sale” of 15.99. I suspect the higher price was lower the strain on their system. I think it is working. I say stableish because it will still drop intermittently but at least it will come back up quickly.

Is there a sofa in your cabin? I didn't see one in the pictures. If you had two people, are there places to sit other than the bed?

In July, we did the Cabin Crawl. Didn't you have the suite? We had the balcony cabin.

Joe was in the Grande Suite, I was in the aft Junior Suite.

P.S. Hello Carol.

Hansen,

well done so far on doing this. It's scary at first but don't you change a thing. Your writing style is natural and honest. That is what people want, not a professional magazine story. We want the truth and the gritty and the real.

Just write and don't worry. I know you will do great and that you being on your own, you will have time to do it with those internet speeds.

Also, don't forget to have fun and enjoy your cruise.

Any British onboard?

Good Morning everyone. Today were at at sea somewhere off the coast of the Carolinas. Today’s forecast, party cloudy with a high of 72.

Today’s Agenda

f0b5c68196a51b4db2a173a32dbd277b.jpg

356d0617fcf391708fc3a3c14c7f5699.jpg

c2b368bd0edd0ecd9c47e7c84f5aae73.jpg

I’m off to breakfast, which in my opinion is the worst meal on ship, but its passable because hey I’M ON A CRUISE!!!

Edited by Rogueperson