Just the perpetrator or everyone?

rccampbell

Must have gone through the Panama Canal. The Mexican Riviera is generally from Cancun to Tulum (east side of Yucatan) and Cabo San Lucas is on the southern tip of the Baja Peninsula

You are mistaking the Mexican Riviera (on the west coast) for the MAYAN RIVIERA, which is the area on the east coast that you described.

I've always known the Mexican Riviera to be the west coast - Puerto Vallarta, Cabo, etc. I used to think of it as the "Love Boat" cruise. When did this change?

Same here. "Mexican Riviera" is used to differentiate the west coast Mexico cruises from the east coast ones.

According to Wikipedia:

The Mexican Riviera refers collectively to twenty cities and lagoons lying on the western coast of Mexico.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_Riviera

Apparently the east coast side is called the Mayan Riviera:

The Mexican Riviera is made up of a variety of destinations along Mexico's Pacific coast. Not to be confused with the Mayan Riviera (also known as the Riviera Maya), which is on the opposite coast, on the Caribbean side.

https://www.tripsavvy.com/mexican-riviera-guide-1588699

EDIT: mom says was faster than me....

Must have gone through the Panama Canal. The Mexican Riviera is generally from Cancun to Tulum (east side of Yucatan) and Cabo San Lucas is on the southern tip of the Baja Peninsula

Cancun to Tulum is the Riviera Maya. The others have it right. MR is the west coast.

I've always known the Mexican Riviera to be the west coast - Puerto Vallarta, Cabo, etc. I used to think of it as the "Love Boat" cruise. When did this change?

My apologies. When I went to Google and searched "Mexican Riviera", I looked at images and they were the east coast of the Yucatan. But when I look at actual links they are for the area you mention [face slap].

Guess I need to be more careful with Google.

Never trust a stupid computer. Where can I find a library with an old fashion card catalog. :D