Dream or Breeze - October 2018

I am looking at a couple cruises in October. I would love some opinions. The two cruises are as follows:

1. Dream out of New Orleans - Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel

2. Breeze out of Orlando - Amber Cove, St. Thomas, San Juan Grand Turk

I have never been on a Dream class ship. So any thoughts would be helpful

I have been on both and would say that the ships are a lot alike. The one big difference is I believe that the Breeze has the Red Frog pub. That is cool. The Dream has everything else but that. Even if you are not a drinker it is a cool area to hang out in. That said I personally love the Dreams ports of call and NOLA better than Breeze's offerings. That would trump the pub IMO.

I have been on both boats. The Breeze twice out of Miami and the Dream once out of NOLA.

I prefer going out of Florida as well as going to the Eastern Caribbean. I would say that the Breeze is my preference. The Red Frog is great for entertainment as well as watching a sporting event and the excellent Pub Trivia every night.

Never been on the Breeze, but the Dream is quite nice. I doubt you could go wrong with either ship.

Orlando would be an easier drive from North Carolina.

Have to agree with this if you are driving from North Carolina. Port Canaveral is our go to port for exactly this reason, about 9 1/2 hour drive, easy hotel with parking package and shuttle included. This is probably the furthest we will drive from home so we are glad they are keeping a Dream class ship at this port. Also lots of cool restaurants to eat at to watch ships sail away the day before our cruise!

The Breeze has the ropes course, Red Frog Pub, and Thrill Theatre. I asume the Breeze Cruise is more but when you add flight cost to NOLA the Dream May be more? I actually think the ports with the Breeze are better but I’ve never been to any of them.:')

I have been on both and prefer the Breeze even though New Orleans is a much closer drive for us. We are booked on the Breeze this October 6th. The Dream that week is almost completely sold out since it is fall break week. We prefer the decor on the Breeze, and it has the ropes course and thrill theater that our kids love that the Dream doesn't have. Also the Red Frog pub and Italian restaurant for dinner. Dream only has the pasta bar at lunch.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Going on the Breeze again October 6th as well. We are going this week because it is Fall break for us. I priced the same week on the Dream and it was quite a bit more expensive. I've been on the Dream out of New Orleans as well and did the Western itinerary. The drive for us is about the same as we live in Alabama. It was a no brainer for us. Cheaper and Eastern Caribbean.

You will love either ship! I'm gonna echo the others, if you are driving the Breeze makes more sense. Plus my best friend is currently on the cruise you mentioned the Breeze is going on and she is in love with those ports. That said, I'm booked on the Dream in September. I'm not much help but wanted to tell you not to stress about it, it's a win win decision!

We sailed the Dream, same exact ports, before it got Guy's Burgers and such and were not impressed with the ship. Just seemed blah. . .

We have not sailed on the Breeze yet (just booked for next March) BUT we just sailed this past March to those ports. HANDS DOWN we'd pick GT, SJ, ST and Amber Cove over Jamaica, GC and Coz every time!! We LOVED San Juan!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app