IslandThyme

A tip for solo travelers

I was talking with Steve from the trip insurance store, and he gave me a great tip. If traveling alone, go to the purser`s office when you get on board and give them a copy of your travel insurance policy. That way, if anything happens to you (heaven forfend) there is someone on board who knows your coverage.

I would have never thought of that on my own.

Thank you for the information. Will be going on 1st cruise alone next year.

Excellent idea.

We have a number of solo's on our cruise. I'm going to share this wonderful tip with them.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Me too, THANKS!! Makes good sense, but never occurred to me.

I always send a copy to my sister who is my emergency contact.

Roz

I was talking with Steve from the trip insurance store, and he gave me a great tip. If traveling alone, go to the purser`s office when you get on board and give them a copy of your travel insurance policy. That way, if anything happens to you (heaven forfend) there is someone on board who knows your coverage.

I would have never thought of that on my own.

First of all thanks for this most helpful suggestions. Second may it be shared (if not already) on the solo cruiser board?

Of course it can be shared. I didn't even know there was a solo cruiser board, never having been solo before. I'll head over there right now.

Thank you for that great tip, I'll certainly do it.

Steve really does an excellent job of covering all of the bases when it comes to us cruisers.

Thank you for that great tip, I'll certainly do it.

Steve really does an excellent job of covering all of the bases when it comes to us cruisers.

Whos is Steve and where do we find him?

Steve is Steve Dasseos. His agency is tripinsurancestoredotcom. He is extremely knowledgeable about travel insurance, as are his staff.

His office is in Lees Summit, MO.

I've been dealing with him for over 10 years and for each trip that I've booked, he has always been very helpful and given me excellent insurance advice.

I was wondering the same thing. Do tell.

Roz

I have never dealt with Steve but have read good things about him for years.

Steve is Steve Dasseos. His agency is tripinsurancestoredotcom. He is extremely knowledgeable about travel insurance, as are his staff.

I've been dealing with him for over 10 years and for each trip that I've booked, he has always been very helpful and given me excellent insurance advice.

I have been using him for multiple years as well. Great company. They are the only ones I use! Kim

An alternate thought about this tip: Presenting such information to a staff member at the Front Office would, I think, cause the person to say "what am I supposed to do with these papers?" Maybe I am mistaken, but I'd be surprised if each cruise guest has a file folder for such information to be saved.

As I posted on the "Solo Cruisers Message Board", determining if the Medical Staff would appreciate having this information or simply keeping the documents in the stateroom's safe ought to be sufficient.

Of course it can be shared. I didn't even know there was a solo cruiser board, never having been solo before. I'll head over there right now.

Thanks!

Thanks for the tips. I just looked up the agency and Canadians can apply for insurance:)

They're wonderful. I've used them a couple of times in the past and trust them completely. Not to mention that the price they quoted me was about half what my TA offered for less-comprehensive coverage.

Also, I don't think that leaving insurance docs in the safe is the best idea, as no one would think to check there unless they were totally clearing out your cabin. Visiting the ship's doc with them might be good, though, as I presume that s/he would be notified immediately of any health problems with a passenger.

Posted (edited)
An alternate thought about this tip: Presenting such information to a staff member at the Front Office would, I think, cause the person to say "what am I supposed to do with these papers?" Maybe I am mistaken, but I'd be surprised if each cruise guest has a file folder for such information to be saved.

[/quote[

Good point but it is my plan to give a copy to concierge in Neptune Lounge an giving a copy to medical is excellent idea Those of us who have no family etc must do whatever we can to protect and provide for ourselves.

As I posted on the "Solo Cruisers Message Board", determining if the Medical Staff would appreciate having this information or simply keeping the documents in the stateroom's safe ought to be sufficient.

........ Edited by sail7seas