ToadOfToadHall

Eating in the Golden Lion Now in the Evening

As I've said all along,it's always been free.The menu was pretty good with lamb shanks and sharing platters etc.I think it wasn't successful because half the ship poured in every night at quiz time.

On last year's EB crossing we got to eat in Golden Lion only once. One of the problems was they change ship's clocks at noon so lunch is cut an hour short on most days. The first day we sat down during lunchtime and it took forever when a server came over and took the lunch items off the table. I said, "We're waiting to order lunch". She said, "Lunch just ended". I was pretty ticked off that we didn't get to eat because nobody came to take our order. A problem with Golden Lion is they use it as an entertainment venue. People grab tables at lunchtime to wait for Bingo. It's hard to get in for a beer at other times because the place is jammed with people playing trivia or taking part in some other activity. I realize now the reason nobody ever came to take our order is the are som many folks in there hanging out not wanting to eat or drink.

On last year's EB crossing we got to eat in Golden Lion only once. One of the problems was they change ship's clocks at noon so lunch is cut an hour short on most days. The first day we sat down during lunchtime and it took forever when a server came over and took the lunch items off the table. I said, "We're waiting to order lunch". She said, "Lunch just ended". I was pretty ticked off that we didn't get to eat because nobody came to take our order. A problem with Golden Lion is they use it as an entertainment venue. People grab tables at lunchtime to wait for Bingo. It's hard to get in for a beer at other times because the place is jammed with people playing trivia or taking part in some other activity. I realize now the reason nobody ever came to take our order is the are som many folks in there hanging out not wanting to eat or drink.
Spot on,it's totally disorganized.On the Princess pub lunch,you wait at the entrance and are allocated a table and served in order.Bingo and trivia can be held in the Queens room or elsewhere.It's the same in the evening.