Will we be disappointed, surprised, or ????

klfhngr

As you can see from my signature we also have tried several different lines but mainly RCL until we tried NCL. We haven’t been back on RCL since. We love NCL. IMHO the bartenders get to know you more than the other lines. The staff have always been happy.

Several posters have stated that they like traditional dining. On two of our NCL cruises (1 Getaway and 1 Escape) we really enjoyed the waiter we had the first night and asked for his/her section for the rest of the cruise and were pleasantly surprised we were accommodated. It was great because they got to know us and had our drinks ready as soon as we sat down. The maitre de also got to know us both times and went above and beyond.

Enjoy your cruise!

As you can see from my signature we also have tried several different lines but mainly RCL until we tried NCL. We haven’t been back on RCL since. We love NCL. IMHO the bartenders get to know you more than the other lines. The staff have always been happy.

Several posters have stated that they like traditional dining. On two of our NCL cruises (1 Getaway and 1 Escape) we really enjoyed the waiter we had the first night and asked for his/her section for the rest of the cruise and were pleasantly surprised we were accommodated. It was great because they got to know us and had our drinks ready as soon as we sat down. The maitre de also got to know us both times and went above and beyond.

Enjoy your cruise!

Hi John, how would you compare NCL with Royal and the other lines with regards to the food, shows, entertainment and activities?

Any tips for Norwegian? Thanks

Hi John, how would you compare NCL with Royal and the other lines with regards to the food, shows, entertainment and activities?

Any tips for Norwegian? Thanks

I think the NCL food is on par with Royal. Some things are even better. I love that you can go to the MDR for lunch on embarkation day (lunch starts at 12 normally on that day in the MDR). I really like that OSheehans is available 24/7. Broadway type shows- some are better than RCL, some are even. Overall entertainment I think is better than RCL. There is always something that you can find that interests you whether listening to piano music or hip hop to painting or games.

Tips: Go to the Meet & Greet. The officers will be there and will come around and talk to you on NCL. They will then make it a point to stop and talk to you for the rest of the cruise! I went to every M&G except my very first cruise and never met an officer at the Meet & Greet.

As I stated in my prior post, if you find a server/waiter you like, request him/her for your next meal. They appreciate it!

Final tip: have fun, join in activities, and have a positive attitude. Was every NCL Cruise perfect? No, but by having a positive attitude and bringing it to the crew’s attention it gets fixed almost immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think the NCL food is on par with Royal. Some things are even better. I love that you can go to the MDR for lunch on embarkation day (lunch starts at 12 normally on that day in the MDR). I really like that OSheehans is available 24/7. Broadway type shows- some are better than RCL, some are even. Overall entertainment I think is better than RCL. There is always something that you can find that interests you whether listening to piano music or hip hop to painting or games.

Tips: Go to the Meet & Greet. The officers will be there and will come around and talk to you on NCL. They will then make it a point to stop and talk to you for the rest of the cruise! I went to every M&G except my very first cruise and never met an officer at the Meet & Greet.

As I stated in my prior post, if you find a server/waiter you like, request him/her for your next meal. They appreciate it!

Final tip: have fun, join in activities, and have a positive attitude. Was every NCL Cruise perfect? No, but by having a positive attitude and bringing it to the crew’s attention it gets fixed almost immediately.

Thanks, John

my first cruise was on Carnival and i swore id never cruise again it was so bad.

then i went back and forth between trying RCCL and NCL. i ended up going with NCL and we've been most pleased. we like the varying age demographic and how there is something for everyone. we opt to sail during times were there are the least amount of children on board, however. our first NCL was in July and we said never again - too many kids taking over everything!

I have to agree with you! Went on Carnival and also said no thanks... found myself looking for more options for food and better entertainment. I love NCL... Escape is a great ship and the food and entertainment were also very good. I love spice H2O for the adults only area and the waterfall is nice to cool off in ... I like RCCL also and look forward to another cruise with NCL.

Hey klfhngr: What could possibly go wrong? You are sailing with me.LOL

We have only sailed NCL and RCCI and much prefer the former.

Prefer smaller ships, but thought we would try Escape especially for the Canada itinerary.

We have always found the food excellent. I think I may have waited 10 minutes once for a table in the MDR. Love the choice of specialty restaurants. Suggest you book them in advance to guarantee seating times.

One thing we really enjoy is the thermal spa pass. You can book it in advance. Great place to rejuvenate these "old bones" after a long day ashore.

Looking forward to meeting you.

JOE

District is "kind of" on the waterfront. It's at one of the ends of the waterfront promenade (other side is Food Republic). The area where Food Republic and District is enclosed, but huge windows and basically waterfront, yes.

Sounds awesome! As a beer drinker and beer maker, this is going to be one of my highlights and hang out spots!

One more thing to keep in mind....the weather. It mat be hot or it may be too cold for the pool. I hope you're cruising earlier in September if you want pool action.

Sept 16 - 23.... I know it'll be nice in NY, but not sure about in Canada..?

John, thanks for the info.!

For some reason, NCL always got a bad 'rap', that is why we never tried it! We had a chance on our last cruise to go with NCL and we passed! Now, I have huge regrets, because as I mentioned, the Princess Ruby was BORING and staff did NOT want to be there! I had a group of 30 that went with us, and I felt terrible because of the boring ship.

Also, thanks for the food comments! Sounds like food is good on NCL. We didn't care for RCCL food, Carnival was much better. Princess was fair and X was a step above the others. We're looking forward to compare! I'll be writing a review after comparing Celebrity Equinox, Princess Ruby and NCL Escape.

Joe, thanks for the info., we'll see you in a few months!!! Spa sounds good for my old bones, lol!!

John, thanks for the info.!

For some reason, NCL always got a bad 'rap', that is why we never tried it! We had a chance on our last cruise to go with NCL and we passed! Now, I have huge regrets, because as I mentioned, the Princess Ruby was BORING and staff did NOT want to be there! I had a group of 30 that went with us, and I felt terrible because of the boring ship.

Also, thanks for the food comments! Sounds like food is good on NCL. We didn't care for RCCL food, Carnival was much better. Princess was fair and X was a step above the others. We're looking forward to compare! I'll be writing a review after comparing Celebrity Equinox, Princess Ruby and NCL Escape.

Joe, thanks for the info., we'll see you in a few months!!! Spa sounds good for my old bones, lol!!

We hated the staff on Princess. No one seemed happy. We may have seen two crew members smile the entire week. And the food was horrible. We loved the staff and food on X but you couldn’t find anything to do after 10 PM. We’d probably go back to RCL if we could find a good deal but with the free at sea deals, you can’t beat NCL (especially if you like to have several drinks a day or more).

I have to agree with Joe above. The thermal spa is amazing. We actually booked a spa balcony for our next cruise.

We are on the Escape the week before you are so if you have any last minute questions, just let me know and I’ll try to find the answers.