Cost of these services/restaurants on the Vista?

Jtothe7

Hello All!

We are taking our kids (17, 13, 11 and 11) on their first cruise ever and our first on Carnival. The cost has added up quickly! I'd like to be as prepared as possible for the extras on the ship and would love your help!

*How much are individual prints of photos?

*How much is the IMAX?

*Isnt there an arcade? Are games like a buck each?

*How much is JiJi's for dinner? Any chance someone has a copy of that menu?

*my experience is that coffee served anywhere on a ship is weak. Which means that I will probably hit Java Blue plenty! Do they have a better cup of regular coffee? How much for their coffee drinks? (Non-alcoholic!). Wouldn't it be awesome if they offered a specific package for coffee and virgin drinks?!?

*my kids love sushi. How much does that run at Bonsai or Bonsai to go?

*We plan on bringing root beer on board and making some floats from the soft serve but looking at shakes at Shakes for another treat. Cost there?

And finally- what are your very best tips for free or super cheap things that no one seems to notice on the ship?

So grateful for your info! TIA!

Bonsai I think is $12/pp.

For photos, check out the new Pixels package in your cruise manager, pre-cruise activities. It may we worthwhile for you if you want a lot of pictures.

If Java Blue costs the same as the other coffee shops on the other ships and being an avid coffee person myself, I would get double espressos for $1.95ish, medium lattes and cappuccinos for $3.25ish. They don't offer regular black coffee at Java Blue that I'm aware of.

Also, as far as Java Blue, see if they have a frequent coffee card. On our other cruises, I would usually go through 2 of them. I think it's buy 5 and get the 6th free, and I believe they will let you get a spiked coffee for the freebie. The other option you may want to consider if you want to have better regular coffee is to go by a Starbucks and buy one of their instant Via 12 packs for $12.95. It's instant coffee packets, just add hot water. I take some of these when I'm traveling on the road for work and I'm in a place with horrid coffee. Quite good.

Our teens loved the sports deck. Plenty of free things to do there. It keeps our family entertained for hours.There’s pool tables, foosball, mini golf, sky ride, ropes course, volleyball, basketball and mini bowling. And in the evenings there’s the seaside theater that always has family oriented movies along with blankets and popcorn.