Jump to content

What broadway play?


George C
 Share

Recommended Posts

George C;  I just saw the 50th Anniversary tour of the Beatles White Album.  The muscicans were Christopher Cross, Todd Rundgren, Mickey Dolenz, and Jason Scheff from Chicago.  It was at our local art theater;  it was an awesome show.  And of course in addition to playing the songs from the Beatles album; they all did three songs from their groups.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

George C;  I just saw the 50th Anniversary tour of the Beatles White Album.  The muscicans were Christopher Cross, Todd Rundgren, Mickey Dolenz, and Jason Scheff from Chicago.  It was at our local art theater;  it was an awesome show.  And of course in addition to playing the songs from the Beatles album; they all did three songs from their groups.  

Would love to see that show, seeing Christopher Cross again in a couple of weeks,  we went to more than 15 shows on cruise, wife wants to see Todd Rundgren again in nyc on our May visit decent tickets over 200 , not a bad seat for all the main shows , music by the pool was great with people like Edgar Winter . Of course this cruise was not cheap. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been following "Come From Away" on their UK social media feeds for a while now. The show would seem on the surface to be North America centric, and in fact the creative team had some concerns (a couple of minor script changes) taking it to Dublin and ultimately the West End. We were impressed, and a little amazed over the holidays at just how good the production was, and how full the house was. The show won four Olivier Awards (equivalent to the Tony) last year, including Best New Musical.

 

Following along tonight as the show won 5 What's On Stage awards (public voted), including Best New Musical, and Best Actress in a Supporting Role for Rachel Tucker in the role of "Beverly and Others". (She takes over the role on Broadway this week.) 

 

Clearly a great show is a great show, and the North America focus of the show has not kept it from being fully embraced in the West End!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

San Francisco has just canceled all gatherings of more than 1000 people for at least the next two weeks.  (Our Golden State Warriors will play home games in an empty arena.)  The local news is reporting that today was Hamilton's last performance. Nothing official from the theaters yet, as this is "breaking news", but I am anticipating that my Hamilton tickets for late March will be refunded.  Disappointing, but a minor concern, in the grand scheme of things.  

 

Stanford University (and Harvard)  has asked all of their students to move out of the dorms, as they shift to online learning for the remainder of the year.  UC Berkeley has suspended in-person classes until the end of March, when it will be re-evaluated.

Just saw an article saying that an usher who worked part time at "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" at "Six" has tested positive for COVID-19.  The usher is quarantined, but, after "deep cleaning" both shows will go on.

 

Our local news also just reported that the Curran Theatre (Harry Potter) with a seating capacity of 1667 will continue performances with reduced audiences of no more than 1000 people.  I am hoping that this is some kind of mis-communication, and common sense will prevail.

Edited by ams cruiser
clarity
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, ams cruiser said:

San Francisco has just canceled all gatherings of more than 1000 people for at least the next two weeks.  (Our Golden State Warriors will play home games in an empty arena.)  The local news is reporting that today was Hamilton's last performance. Nothing official from the theaters yet, as this is "breaking news", but I am anticipating that my Hamilton tickets for late March will be refunded.  Disappointing, but a minor concern, in the grand scheme of things.  

 

Stanford University (and Harvard)  has asked all of their students to move out of the dorms, as they shift to online learning for the remainder of the year.  UC Berkeley has suspended in-person classes until the end of March, when it will be re-evaluated.

Just saw an article saying that an usher who worked part time at "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" at "Six" has tested positive for COVID-19.  The usher is quarantined, but, after "deep cleaning" both shows will go on.

 

Our local news also just reported that the Curran Theatre (Harry Potter) with a seating capacity of 1667 will continue performances with reduced audiences of no more than 1000 people.  I am hoping that this is some kind of mis-communication, and common sense will prevail.

  https://datebook.sfchronicle.com/theater/broadway-sf-cancels-hamilton-the-last-ship-performances-due-to-citys-ban-on-public-gatherings

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, George C said:

We are scheduled to visit and have tickets for some shows in May , looks like we have a 50/50 chance I hate to cancel our annual trip . Glad we have insurance on airfare at least. 

With all of the confusion about what insurance will cover, I'm wondering under what circumstances they will cover airfare (besides the normal covered reasons, like getting sick.)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ams cruiser said:

With all of the confusion about what insurance will cover, I'm wondering under what circumstances they will cover airfare (besides the normal covered reasons, like getting sick.)

 

 

I hope I don’t have to find out , have visited every year since I Moved from there in 1982. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/12/2020 at 3:08 PM, Langoustine said:

All Broadway shows are closed starting tonight until April 12.

It is now April 20.We have tickets for Tina on April 29 through a theater club for mainly disabled seniors.My thinking is that it is not very likely that the theaters will re-open in April.We also have tickets for West Side Story on May 20 and may not get there either.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I know all the theaters are dark, and NYC has a lot to deal with these days, but this appeared today and made me smile, and produced a few tears.

 

Skip ahead to about 8 minutes. The whole thing is CC safe; there are no political or other comments, but from about 8 minutes on is amazing. Try to watch Aubrey's face...

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, markeb said:

I know all the theaters are dark, and NYC has a lot to deal with these days, but this appeared today and made me smile, and produced a few tears.

 

Skip ahead to about 8 minutes. The whole thing is CC safe; there are no political or other comments, but from about 8 minutes on is amazing. Try to watch Aubrey's face...

 

 

Very cool, fun video

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...