Seattle: flight not arriving until 6:30 one day in Seattle

Flight arriving at 6:30 puts you downtown around 7:45, give or take. I’m going to propose dinner near the market - I would probably do Steelhead Diner, Etta’s or Matt’s In The Market. Follow that with a nightcap at Zig Zag (sit outside if it’s nice) or Diller Room (ask for the secret Tiki menu - you won’t believe they have one).

This sets you up for sound sleep and an early start in the morning. If you want to visit the Market you probably want to be done there by 9ish before the crowds grow impassable. I would then use UberX or Car2Go/ReachNow to get out of downtown a bit. My inclination is to send you towards Ballard, to the spectacular new Nordic Heritage Museum, the Hiram Chittendem Locks (and adjacent park) and the shops and cafes around Market Street and Ballard Avenue. You could luncheon there, or go across to Fisherman’s Terminal.

Are you comfortable on a cruiser bike for a couple of flat miles without riding on streets with cars? If so, and the weather is good, pick up one of the bikeshare bikes and ride along the Ship Canal on the north side, through Fremont, Gas Works Park, the north end of Lake Union and end up at either the Burke or Henry museums on the UW campus for your choice of natural history or culture, respectively. There are many interesting places to stop on the ride and you don’t even have to find a bike rack. You can leave them virtually anywhere. Hydration is important, so consider stops for refreshing libations at a brewpub, Windward, the bar at Ivar’s Salmon House, Agua Verde, or any of dozens of other options en route. The Burke-Gilman trail has excellent views of the city and Lake Union.

Take Link Light Rail from the SE corner of the UW campus to either Capitol Hill station and work your way southwest (downhill and towards the water) exploding the neighborhood, International District station for Asian food and shopping and the Wing Luke museum or Westlake to ride the Monorail to Seattle Center, the Space Needle and Chihuly Garden And Glass.

Dinner and drinks to follow. You’ll find good options in any of these neighborhoods or downtown.