1st timers need ideas for excursions

czsat

We have never been to this part of Mexico before and I was looking for ideas on the 1 best tour for each port. PV, Mazatlan, and Cabo. We are 48 and 50 years old and in pretty good shape. I would appreciate anyone's input that has done this previously. I would also like suggestions on tour operators or ship excursion experiences. We were thinking of a whale watching tour in Cabo, is the water usually really rough? My husband tends to get sea sick in rough seas.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions,

Carla

I can't say enough nice things about Randi's Happy Horses. We're going back next week again. Cabo San Lucas is a short stay port, so we've never done any tours there. But lots of fun shopping. If you take a water taxi over to Lover's Beach, just beware, you "jump ship" off the water taxi into shallow water, but it can be rough. Usually just knee deep. Dh fell though and broke our brand new digital camera. Silly didn't trust me to keep it in my backpack so he stuck it in his shorts pocket. Duh moment. LOL

We are on the April 2, 2006 cruise (Carnival Pride) and I have already booked with Randi's Happy Horses in Mazatlan (We did this 3 years ago and had a blast!) and the Los Veranos Canopy Tour in Puerto Vallarta. There is a lot of info on both these excursions here. Neither one of them are booked on the ship - you must arrange for them beforehand. Here are the websites in case you are interested...

http://www.randishappyhorses.com/index.html

http://www.canopytours-vallarta.com/

We will probably do some sort of a "sail and snorkle" in Cabo and then spend the rest of the time in town. Whatever you end up doing, have a blast! ;)

My sister, her 21-year old daughter and I will be on the Pride in February. It's the first time to that part of Mexico for any of us, and here's what we have planned:

PV: Los Veranos canopy tour, then massages at the Krystal Hotel ($75 for 2 people, 75 minutes!) and hanging out at the gorgeous pools/beach.

Mazatlan: Randi's Happy Horses

Cabo: Whale watching and then waboritas at Cabo Wabo

Would love to hear what you decide!

Archived