Cruise Critic Community
SouthLyonCruiser

6 Year Latitudes Expiration?

I hope that this is not a repeat post.

I read a review by a Cruise Critic member that had a cryptic statement that said, "after 6 years it is as if you didn't exist".

I am assuming that it refers to Latitude members but I am not sure.

Does anyone have any idea as to what the statement refers to??

I read a review by a Cruise Critic member that had a cryptic statement that said, "after 6 years it is as if you didn't exist".

Does anyone have any idea as to what the statement refers to??

Can you link the review so we can see the context.

Can you link the review so we can see the context.

Sorry, I am about as computer illiterate as you can get but the review in question was concerning the Getaway by cpier2473; and it was the most recent review.

I hope that this helps and that someone can provide an answer.

The way they started the review suggests that they have never cruised NCL before (with mention of reputation rather than past experience).

I assume that the six year thing was just plucked out of the air and they are suggesting that the issues that they had was because they were newbies.

If they have cruised NCL before (they say they have done over 20 cruises so it's possible) then I assume that it was over six years ago, so they are assuming that they were being punished in some way for their lack of loyalty.

Those of us who are regulars will recognise the (seemingly fairly minor) issues that they came across as the sort of thing that can happen occasionally, regardless of how often you cruise with them.

Another possibility is that it does refer to Latitudes, and they didn't have any status because they didn't have their original latitudes number from 6 years ago, and they no longer look up old cruises for you. That is speculation though.

I'd just put it down as one of those random things which you occasionally read in reviews that don't really make sense.

This is the link for anyone who is interested:

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=617307

this is just speculation as well but i would not be surprised if they actually did this, airlines already do. I was a United airlines frequent flyer and since i don't fly as much with them anymore and did not keep up with my miles they deleted my membership and the rest of my miles which was like 2000 miles. It would make a lot of sense that if you did not cruise with NCL at least once a year or maybe once every two years to keep up your latitudes membership then they would have the right to cancel it, lets hope is not the case, but again is up to them. :confused:

AGAIN is just speculation and i would not worry about it, not a big deal for me.

I just read the review and honestly....there is a memo with your room stewards name and extension so you can call him

Their description of no turn down service for 2 days no remote and leftover water is ridiculous

The first thing one does in that situation is call housekeeping and it fixed immediately

I'm thinking they entered the cabin before it was ready for them

Housekeeping would have fixed everything asap and I guarantee that call would also make sure that the steward was made aware.

The entire first paragraph of the review is ridiculous and actually reflects more on the pax being somewhat ignorant

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Does anyone have any idea as to what the statement refers to??[/quote

Friends are cruising this month. They had cruised 20-30 Years ago on NCL. They still had them in the computer.

I don't know about the review/the statement either but just wanted to chime in to say that we cruised in 2011 and I was able to use their system to look up my Latitudes # just last month.

I just booked yesterday after not sailing NCL since 12/08 and they could look me up in their system and provided me with my Latitudes number. They even saw that I'd also sailed 9/05, which I had completely forgotten about! I'm still Bronze. :)

My guess is that the person who wrote the review booked via a travel agent who set them up as a new cruiser so they were allocated a new latitudes number. If they then sent a message to the latitudes desk they were probably told that they couldn’t do anything about an old cruise (due to the new 12 month restriction).

Either that or, as I speculated right at the start, they have never cruised NCL before, assumed that the issues they had were because they were new cruisers and just picked 6 years at random.

Or something completely different. We will never know, and they are unlikely to come here to tell us. It is, as I said, one of those random things you read in reviews that don’t make sense and are usually a result of a misunderstanding by the reviewer.

Certainly, if you have previously cruised with NCL, book directly with them and have details of your previous cruise then they will link you up, even if that cruise was quite a while ago (although I assume there is a limit as to how far back they can go). For the reviewer, I assume that one of the above things was missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk