Celebrity Infinity - 15 Night Panama Canal 5/2/18 LIVE(ish)

CRUISEBOY305

Thanks Erik, pictures are terrific. I appreciate the dailies and menus too. I'm with a group on the Infinity in September. I sent a link to all the group members so they can see and read what this cruise is all about.

Thanks Erik, pictures are terrific. I appreciate the dailies and menus too. I'm with a group on the Infinity in September. I sent a link to all the group members so they can see and read what this cruise is all about.

My pleasure. Thanks for sharing the link. Yes, spread details =)

• 2 weeks later...
For Colon, Panama I booked a tour with Roberto Whitaker, who comes very highly recommended here on Cruise Critic and Trip Advisor.

I am on this cruise (eastbound) in October and need to book tours. I'd already signed up with Dora a few months ago and am happy to see your positive review. I looked into something with Roberto but couldn't decide which tour to do (then got sidetracked booking stuff for a different cruise). Which tour did you do? BTW thanks for a great thread. Seeing your Qsine photos makes me sad that it isn't going to be there for our cruise.

Similar question for Thumbs Up. I hadn't looked into a tour there but they seem to have great reviews.

Haven't gotten thru the rest of the thread so if there are any other must-do tours, please let me know.

And thanks for a great thread.

Edited by MisterBill99

I am on this cruise (eastbound) in October and need to book tours. I'd already signed up with Dora a few months ago and am happy to see your positive review. I looked into something with Roberto but couldn't decide which tour to do (then got sidetracked booking stuff for a different cruise). Which tour did you do? BTW thanks for a great thread. Seeing your Qsine photos makes me sad that it isn't going to be there for our cruise.

Similar question for Thumbs Up. I hadn't looked into a tour there but they seem to have great reviews.

Haven't gotten thru the rest of the thread so if there are any other must-do tours, please let me know.

I don't recall Roberto giving a specific tour name but it was Agua Clara Locks, Miraflores Locks and Panama City.

Qsine has since been replaced on Infinity with Le Petit Chef :loudcry:=(

Highly recommend the 10 in 1 Tour with Thumps Up.

Email from Roberto with tour description

robtads2@hotmail.com

0915 hrs: Pick up at Colon 2000 Shopping Mall. Upon disembarking at the Colon 2000 pier you and your party should proceed up the escalator, walk across the bridge and as you come down the escalator, I will meet you at the “Souvenir Store” located on your right hand below the banner of Theodore Roosevelt. I will be holding a sign with your name and the name of the tour company “Robtad´s” for you to identify me.

After this we will take the 25-minute journey to visit the newly inaugurated Agua Clara locks from its Visitor’s Pavilion overlooking the Agua Clara locks - the new set of locks ($15.00 entrance fee). This Atlantic Locks Observation Center is suspended 60 meters above sea level and 50 meters above the Canal and it has natural trails that visitors can use to wander into the rainforest. From here the visitors have a splendid view of Gatun Lake, the Canal and the newly inaugurated Agua Clara locks.

After this we will take the highway and travel 50 minutes to Panama City. We will then pass through the rainforest and take the Centennial Bridge to cross over the Canal at its highest point at Gaillard or Culebra Cut and travel from South America to North America, B4 passing thru the former Canal Zone area to get a first-hand view of the Canal at Miraflores Visitor´s Center (CVM) (20.00 entrance fee). Located on the east side of Miraflores, CVM is the perfect place to witness how the Panama Canal operates. Standing on any of its large balconies you will be able to see and understand how a ship is raised up 56 feet (17 meters) in two steps from sea level (Pacific Ocean) to the level of Miraflores Lake.

Four exhibition halls organized by topic, are the heart of the Miraflores Visitor´s Center and these halls portray the story of the waterway; the importance of water as a fountain of life; how the Panama Canal works and its role in the world commerce. After this we will drive thru the former Canal Zone area and go to the Amador Causeway; 3 islands (Naos, Perico and Flamenco) that were united with much of the material that was excavated from the Canal at Gaillard Cut to see the skyline of city at its farthest point.

After this we will go into the Casco Antiguo or Colonial City. It was founded in 1673 as a replacement for the previous capital in ruins, which was destroyed two years earlier during the English Captain Henry Morgan’s attack. The Casco Antiguo is full of historic monuments such as the Cathedral, the national theater, the historic Golden Altar, the Presidential Palace, and stroll historic Las Bovedas, which is a beautiful walkway where you can find the history of the French Canal engraved in the walls on the lower part of the walkway.

In this tour you will have the opportunity to also visit Modern Panama City B4 we return to the ship. This is a seven-hour tour and the cost will vary depending on the amount of people that join us: $360(1-4 pax); $90/pax (5-7 pax); $85/pax (8-13 pax) and $80/pax (+14 pax).

Thank you for the review and amazing photos.

I willl check out Dora De Explorer and Thumbs Up.

Did you hear of any great tours or activities in Cabo?

We are sailing on the Carnival Legend in October 2019, sailing from LA to my home port of Tampa. Very excited.

Thanks again for the info.

Thank you for the review and amazing photos.

I willl check out Dora De Explorer and Thumbs Up.

Did you hear of any great tours or activities in Cabo?

We are sailing on the Carnival Legend in October 2019, sailing from LA to my home port of Tampa. Very excited.

Thanks again for the info.

Thank You.

I did a food tour in Cabo with Juan More Taco. Highly recommend.

Cabo has some great fishing trips also.

Thanks you for sharing everything from your awesome photos, the menus, Celebrity Today’s and all your valuable time.

We are planning this same cruise for 2019.

Thank you. Hope what I’ve put out will help with your planning :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you

Nikon D600 and D750

I use Lightroom for Processing.

I also use a D750.

One time I had to lend the onboard photographer my 17-35 lens so he could get the shot !!!

Don't bring a DSLR with me anymore unless going somewhere new (like China/Thailand) !!!

Are you a professional photographer?

I also use a D750.

One time I had to lend the onboard photographer my 17-35 lens so he could get the shot !!!

Don't bring a DSLR with me anymore unless going somewhere new (like China/Thailand) !!!

Are you a professional photographer?

Semi.

I bring mine everywhere. You just never know when a good photo opportunity will arise.

• 1 month later...

I hope you are still monitoring your post. In Colon how did you exit the cruise terminal to find your private tour? I am doing a private tour there too and I have studied google maps but still can't decide how to get outside the terminal to find the guide.

• 1 month later...
For Colon, Panama I booked a tour with Roberto Whitaker, who comes very highly recommended here on Cruise Critic and Trip Advisor. His tour really gave us a lot more insight to the Panama Canal. We spent a little over an hour at both the Agua Clara Locks (NEW) and the Miraflores Locks (OLD) plus a quick drive by of Panama City and The Casco area. It was raining so we didn’t do much here.

I highly recommend Roberto for those stopping in Colon

4a6830f0f71fb72210a5cd969ce7ea68.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know my response is very late but thanks for your recommendation of Robert Whitaker. We board for infinity for the same westbound cruise in one week and I’ve arranged the same tour as you had with Robert