Are Havana cabins worth it?

landsear

I tried searching but couldn't find anything, sorry!

Trying to decide if it's worth $700 to upgrade from our regular interior to a Havana interior? We hate how crowded the pool gets.

I've never had one, but I upgraded for my cruise on the Horizon in January. I upgraded without even asking the price because I already knew it was worth it. And that's based on reviews on here. I don't think I've seen anything negative. They were sold out for my sailing and I checked 6 times a day praying one would open up. And thankfully it did.

Booked a Havana Cabana for Oct this year last April. We got the last one before they sold out due to the popularity. The semi-private area was a huge selling point as well as the amenities on deck 5. Doubt we would have booked a Carnival sailing otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I am trying to decide about this area myself on the new Panorama.

I like the private pool area idea but it sounds like it would be noisy from the bar and the patios seem too public to me with folks walking right past them.

I cannot tell if the balcony areas are also not so private. We have been booking suites lately and it doesn't look like the Havana suites have any privacy at all.

Perhaps I am missing something???

I had one booked when Vista was in the Mediterranean and took an upsale to a suite because Havana was an unknown factor at that point. To this day it remains one of my biggest regrets. The pool area on Lido is always packed and you have to fight for a lounge chair. From the reports I read, Havana is almost never crowded… even on sea days. The private balconies are not really private, but they don’t see a lot of traffic. In 44 days I’ll get the chance to see if I’m right in guessing that Havana is the way to go.

We've booked an Aft Balcony on the Vista for this summer, it was a no brainer. With only about 150 having access to the Havana deck during the day it will be way better than sharing the main pools on a 4000 passenger ship. For us the 12+ rule is also nice, I'm a teacher and want to minimize the number of children I'm around on vacation.

Any age is allowed after 7pm, but from what I understand, it's never busy then. Everyone is eating, going to shows, etc. We have a Havana Cabana for Thanksgiving week this year with our 14 year old son. We are so looking forward to it.

Trying to decide if it's worth $700 to upgrade from our regular interior to a Havana interior? We hate how crowded the pool gets.

It's the way to go.

As a smoker, not to me. From the Havana pool in a wet/damp bathing suit I has to walk almost half the length of the ship on deck 5 or take the elevator up to deck 11 to have a smoke and then trudge all the way back to the Havana pool. If I've got to do all that walking I might as well stick my my cheaper PT cabin and use the aft pool on deck 10 for my pool needs (short outside stair up to deck 11 smoking area). That's why I have a PT cabin booked on the Horizon next year (sailed in a Havana Inside last year on the Vista).

Otherwise, the Havana inside was just like any other inside cabin and not worth the additional cost to me (even when it was only a $100 difference between the PT cabin I had booked and the Havana inside I upgraded to).

Edited by Computer Nerd

The only negative(?) I can see, is the area opens up at 7:00 pm to everyone, and because of the rear bar area, it likely becomes a big party area later in the night.

Also the semi private areas look to be not private at all once this area opens up to everyone at 7:00 pm.

But you might that.

We will be on the Vista in a deck 6 balcony directly above this area next month, so we'll tell you how it looks after 7:00 pm in our review.

I had a standard Havana cabin last year when Vista was in the Mediterranean, so we did have a patio. To date it has been my favorite cabin on any cruise and I barely used the Havana pool. The patio was amazing. I could sit on that hammock chair forever. The only people walking by your patio are other Havana passengers and even then it's not that often, so really does feel private at times. Other times other Havana guests are on their patios and you can say hi and chat or just relax or read your book. And we were never disturbed after 7 p.m. by noise or other passengers wondering around. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Here's what I wrote about it on Cruise Critic: Carnival Vista Havana Cabana: We Try It

As a smoker, not to me. From the Havana pool in a wet/damp bathing suit I has to walk almost half the length of the ship on deck 5 or take the elevator up to deck 11 to have a smoke and then trudge all the way back to the Havana pool. If I've got to do all that walking I might as well stick my my cheaper PT cabin and use the aft pool on deck 10 for my pool needs (short outside stair up to deck 11 smoking area). That's why I have a PT cabin booked on the Horizon next year (sailed in a Havana Inside last year on the Vista).

Otherwise, the Havana inside was just like any other inside cabin and not worth the additional cost to me (even when it was only a $100 difference between the PT cabin I had booked and the Havana inside I upgraded to).

As a non-smoker, You just sold me on a Havana room.

As a non-smoker, You just sold me on a Havana room.

It is a wonderful area. The time I spent in there was very enjoyable. The long trips are what makes it not worth the money to me. Others may feel different. If they took a very small section off to the side (say one table) and made a mini smoking area, I'd book Havana every time I go on that class of ship. Doubtful that will ever happen so you are more than welcome to the cabin I would have booked. I'm still on a ship in the ocean and that's all that really matters to me. :)

I like the private pool area idea but it sounds like it would be noisy from the bar and the patios seem too public to me with folks walking right past them.

I cannot tell if the balcony areas are also not so private. We have been booking suites lately and it doesn't look like the Havana suites have any privacy at all.

There is a YouTube video from Jim Zimmerman when he stayed in a corner aft wrap balcony in the Havana area with hot tub and he raves about it.

You will LOVE the Havana area! No noise whatsoever from the bar or pool area. The balconies above you will be able to look down onto your patio, but your swing will give you privacy. And it's not many folks at all that walk past, even after 7pm.

Here's some videos that may help you decide:

Havana Cabana

Havana area