Bliss - Bring Your Luggage Tags to Seattle

Your Own = "Not done by porters". The intent was pretty obvious.

We sail NCL several times a year. We have NEVER got a letter like this from NCL, so it is NOT the "same with every NCL cruise". We sailed on NCL a couple of weeks ago and NEVER got a letter like this from NCL, so it is NOT the "same with every NCL cruise". We have sailed to Alaska the past 3 years from Seattle on the Jewel and have NEVER got a letter like this from NCL, so it is NOT the "same with every NCL cruise".

I got my tags in mail yesterday for June. I have gotten tags in mail but believe only for suites and Haven

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I should have said proposed tax, but it looks like it's a done deal with the city council.

Seattle is not unique. Lots of places have poll taxes. It's just another cost of doing business (whether you are a dock worker or a barista in a Starbucks).

This is some rule that only a card-carrying union worker can put a tag on luggage. So the cruise line and the port agent have no ability to surge during peak times and having others help getting passengers off the curb (i.e., can't pull someone off of check-in and put them outside tagging bags).

• 1 month later...

We are booked in a Bliss Balcony and got our luggage tags in the mail. If by some oddball lucky chance for which I am definitely not holding my breath, we are awarded an upgrade that we bid on, we will be able to print new tags at the hotel before the cruise? I am just reading they can upgrade you 48 hours pre cruise and we will be in Seattle 4 days pre-cruise.

Thanks!

We are booked in a Bliss Balcony and got our luggage tags in the mail. If by some oddball lucky chance for which I am definitely not holding my breath, we are awarded an upgrade that we bid on, we will be able to print new tags at the hotel before the cruise? I am just reading they can upgrade you 48 hours pre cruise and we will be in Seattle 4 days pre-cruise.

Thanks!

Print them at the hotel. We actually showed up around 10ish and there was no line. The porters at the desk were stirring luggage tags and accepting bags.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=56212203&postcount=3

Btw: the $30M terminal improvement did not improve the drop off area. We dropped our car at a rental agency up the street. Their shuttle took a full load to the Bliss. Our driver did an excellent job getting us near the curb.

Print them at the hotel. We actually showed up around 10ish and there was no line. The porters at the desk were stirring luggage tags and accepting bags.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=56212203&postcount=3

Btw: the $30M terminal improvement did not improve the drop off area. We dropped our car at a rental agency up the street. Their shuttle took a full load to the Bliss. Our driver did an excellent job getting us near the curb.

Thanks for the info.

We are using DH's reward points at the Embassy in Tukwilla for a Pre Cruise and Post Cruise package that will drop us off and pick us up in a hotel shuttle so should be OK.

If arriving by air and using the NCL transfer service the pier porters will be bypassed by the cruise customer.

NCL is requesting that you use the mailed or website baggage tags be applied after claiming airport baggage

and a Truck Service will take care of the rest (read copy of NCL letter image post #1) - TIP the Truck service

driver and maybe he will split the pool with the pier staff.

Baggage handled by the Transfer Bus will no doubt be handled as usual with luggage being given to the

porters by the customer after getting it off the bus. Tip accordingly at that time.

As for those passengers that check-in at the dock the union staff porters will take care of your luggage tagged

or not (union rules require union porters to tag untagged bags). Tip accordingly at that time.

Regardless it is going to be "ZOO" !

Sorry to be dim with this question but this is our first cruise and we are having to fly in the morning of the departure. So will it be easier and faster to check and tag our bags at the airport transfer service than getting our own transportation and going doing check in at the pier?

I was on the Bliss June 2 out of Seattle. It was the quickest embarkation and debarkation! We walked down with luggage from CrownPlaza Hotel. There was a set up area they were taking our bags which we had put the NCLtags they sent us. We had an aft facing balcony so I think they are sending tags to everyone. It was all very organized people seem to be in a panic over nothing.

Sorry to be dim with this question but this is our first cruise and we are having to fly in the morning of the departure. So will it be easier and faster to check and tag our bags at the airport transfer service than getting our own transportation and going doing check in at the pier?

If you take the NCL transfer, you turn your bags over at the airport and the are delivered to your cabin. If you catch a cab, you need to deal with the bag check at the port.