Walk from Mullet Bay to Maho Beach

This looks very easy on google (less than a mile) but does anyone have any experience walking from Mullet Bay to Maho beach? The satellite view is subpar so I'd like some feedback. Are there sidewalks? Is it safe? I will have two adults and a seven year old.

This looks very easy on google (less than a mile) but does anyone have any experience walking from Mullet Bay to Maho beach? The satellite view is subpar so I'd like some feedback. Are there sidewalks? Is it safe? I will have two adults and a seven year old.

I was told it's a easy 15 minute walk. Planning on doing the same thing this June. Cab to Mullet Bay spend a few hours there at beach and then walk to Maho to check it out and then take cab back to Phillipsburg. For shops and such. Just hoping traffic leaves us enough time to do this in under 8 hours.

It is an easy 15-minute walk. Starting at the Mullet Bay parking lot you will follow the road through the golf course. No sidewalks at this point, but lots of room on the grass and not much vehicle traffic. Once you get into the town, there are sidewalks the rest of the way to Maho Beach. You should have no problems at all with a 7-year old; unless he/she just does not want to leave Mullet Bay since it is one of the best beaches in the Caribbean.

Kdelong - 8 hours should be fine. And doing Mullet and then Maho is a good plan since the bigger planes come in and leave in the afternoon.

• 1 month later...

I am happy to report that we did walk this in May with no issues at all. We got off the ship around 8 am and taxi'd to Mullet Bay. We were in the water by 8:30 and it was beautiful. Around 11:00 we walked to Maho. No sidewalks and a little sketchy by the golf course. Lots of broken glass. But that part wasn't very long. Then there were sidewalks that led directly to Maho. I'd say the walk was about 15 minutes.

Maho was no beach at all in my opinion having just come from Mullet but we were there for the planes. My daughter got in the water a little bit but it was very crowded. We practically had Mullet to ourselves though so it was a big change. We hung around for about an hour and a half to see the planes and then taxi'd back to the ship in time for a late lunch.

Great day in St. Marteen! Hurricane damage is still very evident but the beaches were absolutely beautiful.

• 3 months later...
What were the taxi fees for this? We are thinking of doing the same thing.

The taxi's were $16 round trip for adults and $10.50 round trip for children. They were super conveniently located close to the port. When you paid they gave you a wristband. Very easy to find at the beach. You just showed your wristband and they gave you a ride back. We didn't have any trouble taxiing to one beach and leaving from another.

• 5 months later...
On 10/4/2018 at 9:37 AM, Dream_2013 said:

The taxi's were $16 round trip for adults and $10.50 round trip for children. They were super conveniently located close to the port. When you paid they gave you a wristband. Very easy to find at the beach. You just showed your wristband and they gave you a ride back. We didn't have any trouble taxiing to one beach and leaving from another.

Is this $16 per Adult?

Edited by LoveTheSoul